[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Question for the mods

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question for the mods
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:38 am 

Hi,

although I’ve been a long time reader of this forum and registered over a year ago, this is my first post ever here.

I would like to ask the mods if opening the following thread is possible or if it goes against the rules of the forum.

I have close to 2,000 soundtrack CDs (I’m sorting them right now and doing a new recount). Of those 2,000, I’m 100% sure that some 1,950 are legal releases, but there are 40-50 titles (mostly FYC or composer promos), where I’m not completely sure if they are the real thing.

I do despise bootlegs and want to make sure that I don’t have any in my collection.

Is it possible to make a thread were I describe some of the CDs (numbers pressed on inner circle, if CD or CD-r, what’s printed on the covers or the type of paper used, etc), so that someone can confirm if it’s an OK release?

Post subject: Re: Question for the mods
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:40 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:19 pm 

Thank you for your quick reply and your offer to help, Mr. Feigelson. Of course if anyone else has more info and can help I really appreciate it.

I will start with these two titles:

The War at Home (Poledouris): The one I have has a white cover/insert with the title of the movie, composer, 8 tracks listed and the 'For Promotional Purposes Only - Not for sale' message at the bottom. The pressed CD is white with the title and composer in 'golden' letters. It has no back insert.
The one I usually see has an American Flag forming the roof of a house and the title underneath.

Benedict Arnold (David Williams): From the A&E movie. A&E did release 'The American Revolution' and 'The Civil War Journal' on CD previously, but those were pressed CDs. This is a Mitsui Gold CD-R. Front and back inserts are printed on glossy and shiny paper with many pics on the front and the music credits on the back, although the inside of the insert is completely blank and contains no info whatsoever. Copyright is from the year 2002.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:56 am 

I got a copy of "Benedict Arnold" from Williams. I don't have it on me, but I can answer tomorrow.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:53 pm 

Okay, your copy of "Benedict Arnold" is exatly like the one I got from the compsoer himself, so you got a "legit" promotional CD.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:42 am 

Thank you, tharpdevenport, for your great help.

And glad to hear that it's a legit CD. One less CD to worry about.

After making sure that this type of thread and my particular question is allowed, I'm going to open a new one but with a subject title that makes it clear what the thread is about. 'Question for the mods' doesn't really tell you anything and a new title may help with more views.

Also, if someone else may have doubts about certain CDs, you are welcome to ask and I will also try to help as much as possible.

I do have some hard to find CDs where I have the certainty that they are the real deal (Blood in, Blood Out, very early Varese releases like Dawn of the Dead, Phantasm, etc, Hocus Pocus, the Tri-Star Godzilla Promo, the Moulin Rouge Blue Focus Promo, ...) and I can help with those.

I even have a Rover Dangerfield CD without punch hole or cutout. I still don't know if Mr. Feigelson (or was it Mr. Fake) was kidding when he said it was one of the hardest CDs to find. :? :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:35 pm 

He has to have been -- I one time bought it on a whim for $9 at having read that statement, and was shocked that people were on Amazon selling it for like $2. So...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]