[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - LIMITED EDITIONS Update

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: LIMITED EDITIONS Update
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:37 am 

First, I'm not complainig about the new policy! Second, I'm really and truly happy for the new policy, I don't have to sit at the computer every two weeks (at the night, I'm from Europe) and guess - will be sold out or not, should I get the credit on my credit card or not. But I want to add my 2 cents...

As I'm a collector of japanese releases mainly, I may have a little different point of view. For me the most important thing is quality. I really do appreciate japanese releases for that reason - paper, pressing, additions (thicker booklets, more photos), new technologies (Blue-spec CD, SHM, HDCD, new masterings, etc.) and... accuracy. If they write something on the CD, it's simply true, not a lie (or error, whatever). Obviously errors happens, but not intended. They don't write on the package "limited to xxx copies", but they are limited. They are making repressings and it's fair, no problem. Everyone knows it in advance, not after...

So, YES, new policy is great, but you should think about accuracy and quality of your CDs as well... And yes - this is complainig, YES! ;) - I wasn't always satisfied with Intrada discs quality, they have had (small, tiny, but always) scratches too often, bad pressings - too often, specially for the last few years (since new releases have been issued every two weeks? I don't know). For 20-25 years of collecting of japanese CDs I had ONE brand new CD with scratches (also tiny), for most of you not important, but I would like to get what I paid - BRAND NEW SEALED PERFECT CD (not replacement in envelope)... :) I know I'm in minority in those digital days, when nobody cares about the quality, but I love Intrada and I hope to see Intrada to be a symbol of the quality in soundtracks world.

P.S.
Sorry for my english mistakes, but it's my longest post in english ever, which is not my native language.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:50 am 

Sunbow/Marvel cartoon scores (Johnny Douglas)
The Big Picture
Blame It on Rio
An American Werewolf in London/Thriller
The Last Boy Scout
My Science Project
A Brief History of Time
Troy (Yared)
The Withces

Post subject: Re: Explorers Limited Edition false advertising
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:17 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

Post subject: Re: Explorers Limited Edition false advertising
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:17 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:34 am 

Great idea!!!
I really do approve this new policy.
And it's remarkable that it happens on a fantastic release such as EXPLORERS :wink:
Congrats to Intrada !!!!!!!!
As I have said many times before: you are the best :)
Ah...and thanks again for EXPLORERS :D
I can't wait to have this on my hands.
:D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:19 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:34 am 

I say the folks at Intrada should do what is in the best interest of Intrada. Very few put as much in their product and the end result is something I consider to be far superior to most mass marketed recordings.

I like the fact much of the stuff that interests me has a limited release. Never have cared for most mainstream media/entertainment culture. Popular music in the USA, for the most part is so bad it's an embarrassment.

Explorers CD should have been limited to two copies per person from the get go. I don't care for the sheisters who buy multiple copies with the intent of turning a quick profit off the backs of others. Sure, I like to make money and have sold some vinyl I've owned for years for several hundred dollars a platter, but snatching ten copies of a new CD release and inflating the price before the next guy has a chance to buy one copy for himself is the stuff a punch in the nose is made of. :twisted:

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:13 pm 

The only 'good' thing about limited releases was it gave me an incentive to make blind buys
because ,if I didn't like it, i always thought i coould at least recoup my cost by reselling.

For example THE NIGHTCOMERS. This was a score unfamiliar to me but i purchased it as a throw in with another cd purchase. eventually I sold it and made my money back - no profit
(i think i actually lost fifty cents!!:)).

ONE LITTLE INDIAN is another example. I ended up trading it for the then out-of-print LAWMAN.

I have acquired PATTON, BOYS FROM BRAZIL, NATTY GANN, PREDATOR, TOMBSTONE , FIRST BLOOD, ALIEN, thru trade at list price or LESS!

SO, if you do not get a rlease when first issued, it's not that hard to get it in trade

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:08 pm 

I think that most arts workers suffer financially - well I do anyway. A few weeks notice worries me. There are still titles like Rent a cop, which I want to buy. Over the past 6 months I have been very slowly, but intentionally, buying titles like Harry and the Hendersons, Jingle all the way, Amazing Stories, Monster Squad etc. I understand your comment about the 4 different types of releases. I suppose I will have to prioritize what I buy. I never think about what collection a title is in. I understand that it means that it will affect it's availability. Could you please make it a least a month and not a couple of weeks.

Many many THANKS for Intrada existing - from an Australian soundtrack collector.

Cheers

Jason Dullow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:43 pm 

This is truly a great idea guys!!!! :lol:

I support this new policy! Music is there to be listened ... great scores should be available for everyone for a regular price so everybody has the chance to get a copy of his favourite CDs. 8)

Thank you very much for getting away from the limited albums! :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:21 am 

Well, with the change in the limited edition policy, I don't know what to say.
Good for the score listeners, yes! I have experimented with a lot of new
scores (unknown scores) by new composers to me when they were limited to
1000 or higher. When you listen to the sound samples, you become interested
and purchase knowing that you might have to purchase quickly or pay higher
prices on eBay. Most of those purchases have been worth the money, but there
have been some titles (mostly on other labels) that I would not have purchased
if they had not been as limited as they were. With as many scores that are being
re-mastered, re-released and now re-pressed I will slow down on those purchases
knowing that they will be around for a longer period of time. This will give me time
to investigate the scores that are not known to me.

I should now have time to read what others have to say about a score after they
have received it, before I decide it I need to purchase it. If they are slow sellers
and we get the announcement that it is going to be discontinued, I can decide at
that time. Slow sales is also a sign that no one else cared for it. I was one of those
that purchased PRISON by Band and Stone, not knowing the score or movie. I
bought it because of Stone and it was limited to 1000, but now that Intrada has
changed their policy, I would have probably past on it. If I miss out on a score, oh well.
The smaller labels release 1000 copy releases of score I am very unfamiliar with and
those labels are still sitting on copies weeks and weeks after the release date. To
me that means there is not a very high interest in those titles, so there is no need to
purchase.

Oh well, another change that we have to get used to, but this will save having to
change already busy schedules to make sure you are sitting at your computer on the
day/night that a new release is announced. We will see how this works, but I know
my purchases will be effected. If it is a score I am familiar with and like than it will
be an instant purchase, obscure scores will wait or be a pass.

I did buy 3 copies of Explorers, but they all will have homes! I will enjoy my copy,
my son who asked for a CD-R a few years back of my original Varese Explorers will
enjoy his copy and the 3rd will be given to my nephew as a Christmas present.
They both like the score because they like the movie.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:03 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:09 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5