[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - LIMITED EDITIONS Update

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: LIMITED EDITIONS Update
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:13 am 

This pleases me greatly! I've been luckier than most as far as getting stuff I've hankered after, but it's always caused a twinge whenever I'd think of the sales Intrada wouldn't be getting. Hope this works. :D

I guess the half-dozen or so who made such a stink when Doug suggested running more copies of "Inchon" to meet unexpected demand back in the day haven't woken up yet. Well, they can stew in their own juices as far as I'm concerned.

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:15 am 

That you are able resp. willing to change such a basic business policy speaks for your company. Congrats & all the best! For the sake of you @ Intrada. And us. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:18 am 

Great way to go ! I hope it'll work out for you too !
But be prepared to have many "speculators orders" cancelled with this announcement...

Last edited by Anakin McFly on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:18 am 

Excellent idea. Smart to have this new policy in place before the release of that other big Paramount/UMG title, whenever that day may come.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:21 am 

edit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 am 

the only people who doesn´t think this is the right choice done with The Explorers, are the e-bay sharks.
I applaud the decision to repress more of this title as it gives people a chance to actually get it.
The only thing I am worried about is how this will affect the labels, the titles and the studios in the future. Not in a negative way I hope...
This means that I don´t have to sell my second CD i purchased in my excitement for the title then :oops:
But Roger, I will order a few Love at first bite from you as promised when it will be released (of fear that I will wear the CDs out...)
My Rocky IV CD has since long been replaced with a new one too :mrgreen:

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:47 am 

This is a policy that makes sense to me.

The whole point of these CDs is not to have them be "collector's items", but to have the music out there for those who love the music.

The limited number of copies has always been a compromise with the AFM to make these releases financially viable in the first place.

The change in policy here simply reflects the wildly unpredictable nature of the market, and allows for ad-hoc changes to be made as needed.

Perhaps future releases might not have a set limit as such, but by letting demand drive the number of copies produced and sold, it means the main goal is met.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:47 am 

Usually with the announcement of what I call high impact titles such as Explorers, there's this made scramble to obtain a copy. I have several friends in England who don't always manage to order in time, so I like to step in and order for them. In this case, I ordered three. One for me and the two for dear old Blighty. Thanks to Doug's policy change, this gives my friends the chance to order Explorers themselves, so I have cancelled two of the CDs, which Intrada was very nice to accept. Thanks guys, dealing with your label is always a joy. Hopefully, this will go some to having an effect on the EBay speculators as well.

Thanks Doug and Roger, you are the best.

Post subject: Explorers Limited Edition NOT AT ALL false advertising
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:03 am 

*deleted* I retract in it's entirety what I originally wrote -- and say (à la Newt Gingrich) that any later poster who quotes what I originally said is perpetrating a falsehood.

Last edited by w-dervish on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:08 am 

Yes. Yes, Intrada. Yes. This new "inclusive edition" policy will engender more goodwill amongst us fans. I just hope the AFM and studio licenses will allow for such a flexible plan. Personally, I tend to work during the time when titles are released and, without access to a computer, I've missed out on a couple in the past.

Although, even if Explorers had more copies in print than Michael Jackson's Thriller, I would still snap it up in an instant.

Sunbow/Marvel cartoon scores (Johnny Douglas)
The Big Picture
Blame It on Rio
An American Werewolf in London/Thriller
The Last Boy Scout
My Science Project
A Brief History of Time
Troy (Yared)
The Withces

Post subject: Re: Explorers Limited Edition false advertising
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:16 am 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

Last edited by kipling71 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:18 am 

thanks, great, ist about the music and not about "collectors item"
f"We try to keep them around for generations" and thats the best way to treasure art like music

i hope that the "missing pressure" doest not effect general sales.

thanks to all hamsters, not to have getting up in the middle of the night and keep up such fine releases

andy

Post subject: Re: Explorers Limited Edition false advertising
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:28 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:42 am 

Wouldn't this new policy make it less of an incentive to move titles quickly?

Now I am huge Goldsmith fan and Explorers is one of my favorite scores, but the main reason I placed an order as soon as this title was announced was because I knew it was going to sell out. Had I known it was not a "limited" edition, I would have waited and combined it with a few other titles for a future purchase.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next