[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Wished you would have, almost, should have bought...

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Wished you would have, almost, should have bought...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:06 pm 

Blue Collar-Jack Nitzsche CD; The LP, long a favorite, make that BIG TIME favorite. Held a copy of the CD in my hands at a local music shop, $5.00, didn't want to spend the money, thought I'd buy a copy some other time. Thinking about the recording a few days ago, poked around online in search of one... $75.00/$200.00 plus! Had no idea it sold for such an insane price. :cry:

Lipstick-Michel Polnareff CD; Another big time favorite LP, /disco/groove main theme, weird, sinister electronics... French CD in my hands, $5.00, sat it back, $100.00 plus online, son of a bitch! Pardon my French! :lol:

Post subject: Re: Wished you would have, almost, should have bought...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:24 pm 

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...

A SUMMER STORY (1988) - Georges Delerue
I remember seeing it at the local Musicland during a couple visits before it disappeared.
It looked interesting, but I passed and never saw it again after that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:42 pm 

GHOST STORY 1981 Philippe Sarde

I saw this at a Camelot Music Store a long time ago on CD and never picked it up. I now wait for Varese to re-release it in their club batch one day. Or anyone re-release it for that matter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:06 pm 
Two immediately come to mind, but I'm sure that there are many more.

Miami Vice: The Complete Collection (Jan Hammer) - By the time I became strongly interested in getting this 2-CD release of Jan Hammer's score for the show, it became out-of-print and sold for very high prices on the used market. It is available as an MP3 download, but that's not the same as having a physical copy in full quality.

Transporter 2 (Alexandre Azaria) - This is one of the best modern balls to the wall action scores out there, and my neglect to get the CD early on when in print led me to hunt for just one used copy. I still haven't been able to find this disc.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:45 am 

And other... Warlock (Intrada) sealed CD at Media Play for $14.99. Even then it sold for big bucks online but had no idea. It's not that scarcity or "value" appeals to me more than content or quality, it's just I try to balance things financially in a way where if I see something I'm interested in and feel I'll likely see it somewhere else at possibly a more affordable price, I'll pass.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:26 pm 

Predator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:36 pm 

I know that I still can get it but now it would cost me a lot more than this first time I saw that soundtrack. The soundtrack I am talking about is Lee Holdridge`s Beastmaster/Beaty and the beast double header CD. SAE have it for 90 bucks. First time I went to the states back in 1994 I did find this Holdridge CD for a reasonable price but I went for Morricone`s In The Line Of Fire and the stupid reason was that this movie had not had it`s Swedish cinema premiere so I went for that one instead of Holdridge`s CD.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:40 pm 

The Black Cauldron by Elmer Bernstein. I had that VS cd in my hands several times at Stereo Center in Flint< MI back in the 1980s and usually set aside for a laserdisc purchase.

Later almost all of the early Intrada Special Collection and the first few Signiture Editions. Also failed to order The Robe, Making The Grade, The Island, and Sheena from the Varese Club. Ditto Knight Rider and the original release of The Omega Man from FSM. There are probably a few more.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:08 pm 

Off the top of my head...

Varese club releases for THE FURY and SHEENA...

Intrada... CAPRICORN ONE, INCHON (expanded), EAST OF EDEN... plus any older Richard Band scores that I missed out on...

more to follow...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:10 pm 
I did miss out on quite a few of the Varese Club releases that I would quickly buy today if they were reissued or expanded.

The 'Burbs deluxe, Runaway deluxe, Die Hard, Ghostbusters, and The Karate Kid box set are the biggest of them. I would have said Commando a few weeks ago, but we were lucky enough to get that one in expanded form.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:29 pm 

I did miss too The Burb's, Die Hard and Ghostbusters :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:23 pm 

I would do anything to own Folk's TOY SOLDIERS. Unfortunately, I can't afford the price it goes for. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:37 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:38 am 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:34 am 

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next