[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's LINK

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's LINK
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:32 am 

It is real easy to be frustrated when you miss out on a title. I've missed out on a few. I had to settle for a CD-R of BABY for three years until I just found a used copy at a good price for me. So eventually I got to put it in my collection. I don't even have internet at the moment but thanks to my awesome Blackberry I was able to order my copy of LINK! And I do congratulate Intrada. A sell out means good business and they stay around so that we may enjoy releases in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:58 am 

I completly agree. Sell outs mean more releases.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:31 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
I snatched a copy of this in the nick of time at SAE. LINK is a funky, listenable score. I do have the original Varese LP. Glad to now get an original CD.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:58 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:43 pm 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:24 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:19 pm 

I was surprised and pleased when the Intrada new release announcement included LINK, and I eagerly went to the site to order it. Too late. It was already sold out. As someone who orders a lot of titles I am quite irritated that a hot title of my favorite film composer was actually out of my reach before it was even announced. 2000 copies? Really? It's JERRY GOLDSMITH, for God's sake. I understand that producing these scores is a business, but right now I am one unhappy customer. There's got to be a better way for determining interest, maintaining a tight yet healthy inventory and providing happiness to those of us who live for this stuff. Heck, if the artwork of wet Elisabeth Shue wrapped in just a towel had been used on the cover, 5000 would not have been enough! Anyway, LINK sold out so fast - without my knowledge - that I just have to vent a little bit about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:40 pm 

The last several hundred should have been limited to one per order. Maybe it sold so quickly there wasn't a chance to do so.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:43 pm 

In defence of it selling out fast, I have to say that even if it had held 48hrs in stock , there are always people that will miss the titles and so on. If a frequent visitor to this board , people should know the dates of new releases and which time it goes out , then it is only to get it fast (as we know the amount the titles will be beforehand)
Since I started shopping directly from Intrada, I have never missed a title I wanted as I keep myself informed and also the guesses on the clues always nabbs the title before it is released (many guessed Link but I didn´t thou *LOL*)
There will always be people that do not get these limited releases, but it all comes down to one thing: Keep frequently visiting this message board, especially around release dates, and always save some money as you can´t expect the limited CD to be around forever.
I wanted Intradas WARLOCK that was released 1990 (I think) but that went OOP before I could get it, so there will always be titles we miss. The titles are atleast released to the public and try e-bay before the prices goes up to much. There are always speculators that buys CDs only to sell them in second hand (both in a good and bad way)
It will always be hard for a label releasing limited CDs to know how many to press and Roger made an earnest statement about it that they did not think the people already owning Link from Varese should go for their release also but people obviously did, and I think IF intrada finds the rest from Link they might revisit it again (if they still has the licence then)

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:52 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:04 pm 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
The thing is... I got the Intrada Newsletter with the announcement of LINK while I was at work... I checked the Intrada site and there it was. I thought, great. I still had some stuff to do, so I thought, I'll order it when I get home. I was at home about an hour later... and it was sold out. Sheesh... rats, what a bummer! I checked SAE and there it was, limited to one per customer. So I jumped at the chance. It wouldn't have exactly killed me to miss out on that one, as I do have the Varese LP (in top condition) as well as an, er... less than official release on CD, but hey, I wouldn't have minded actually paying for the real deal if I had the chance. And well, I managed to snatch one copy. :-) Waiting for those liner notes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:55 pm 

As I said before, it is so easy to have an opinion on the limited releases when you have missed out on something you want and I am no exception. If I had missed out on Link, I would be very upset but the reality is I would have no one to blame but myself. We know the exact day when Intrada releases their titles and ever since I missed out on Baby I have made sure to either be at the computer or have arrangements made for me in case I was at work or didn't have internet access, etc. And believe me I was FRUSTRATED when I missed Baby but I had two days to get it! So when someone is upset that they missed out, yeah I can understand and sympathize.

Of course, those who were lucky enough to get Link really have no reason to complain. The business decisions and the "right and wrong" of how many copies are mutually exclusive to the personal emotions of what one gets or misses out on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:07 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:24 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:27 am 

Sure, people know the day things are released, but one cannot always be online at the time.

And since, while it's true there are clues and things are often guessed, without the knowledge of just WHAT is going to be released, one cannot "make other arrangements" (if this is even possible).

I just don't understand the consistent celebration of things being available for under three days as a good thing. It's not. Having something sell well IS great, but to have it go so fast that people can't even find out about it without it selling out....it just seems so anti-consumer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next