[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Sylvester Levay's NAVY SEALS

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Sylvester Levay's NAVY SEALS
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:45 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:49 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:20 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:36 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:54 am 

Feels like I've stumbled into some nightmarish alternate reality. Doug and Roger are accused of not "getting it"? Uninvited Guest is aptly named, I think.

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:36 pm 

I just want to say that despite my earlier scepticism over the high jumpers demo clip, I am extremely satisfied with the product I received. If you check my Youtube channel you'll see that I am a huge fan of Sly's scores and I initially reacted because I honestly had never heard any type of solo in the movie, did not expect it and was therefore puzzled. I am happy to say that it doesn't matter at all because A: the solo was perfectly nice when listening to the whole track in it's entirety and in full quality, B: because a solo-less version exist on the "Beirut" track.

Audio quality, the artwork, A+ booklet, everything was really well done and I am proud to have this in my collection! Thank you Doug, Roger and everyone at Intrada! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:38 pm 

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:44 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:50 pm 

I'm thinking of the story about the old man and his son traveling to town with a donkey loaded with goods. Each and every person they encounter along the way has a different idea about how they should go about their business. They try to oblige everyone and in the end lose everything. Moral of the story, go with your own heart and intuition and tell the naysayers to screw off. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:05 pm 

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:30 pm 

Before the usual suspects start bleating about Free Speech as a justification for behaving like a jerk, what say anyone about to post a message declaring how WRONG Intrada is take a moment and imagine how their message would feel coming back at them? Do unto others, etc.

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:34 pm 

You know, I've been inclined to posting here less often, if only because a lot of the ugly FSM mentality seems to be migrating over here more frequently.

Navy Seals *finally* got a score release from Intrada - and the alternative would have been that the tapes would still be sitting in the MGM vaults to rot away, and that the public would never have been able to hear this music on its own otherwise. How about taking THAT into consideration before throwing out accusations left and right?

Isn't the fact that the music you want is now being released good enough for you guys? Better late than never?

Then again, 90% of my soundtrack collection represents movies I've never seen, so I really don't understand the NEED for wanting the film versions. For instance, I don't think I'd be able to tolerate ALIENS if either album release contained *only* the film versions and not what Horner had originally written. Choppy edits by post-production mixers just isn't my thing.

I also agree with what everyone else (sans UninvitedGuest - seems to suit you well) is saying... simply frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:51 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:32 pm 
I am still a novice when it comes to the sdtk industry. :oops: That's why I ask questions, and submit many sdtk requests (maybe too many :wink:) But I will not disrepect a fellow member on this or any board, and espcially the good folks from the sdtk labels that work long and hard to release these great scores.

Honestly if you know your comment is going to be harsh, negative ,etc..then please take a minute to think how you can word it first, and forward your message to the email contact section. Please don't post it in the messageboard because well it's just wrong in my opionion. And unfortunately we just lost another great contributor. :cry:

Sorry I don't mean to get off subject. I am very happy to see a score to Navy Seals, thank you Intrada.

Now to submit another sdtk request... :mrgreen: :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:45 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next