[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - New Batch of Varese Sarabande Club Releases coming!

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Batch of Varese Sarabande Club Releases coming!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:58 am 

Only one first time on cd release, Not as good of a batch as I hoped. I'm sure others will be pleased.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:52 am 

Somebody needs to make a "Adolf Hitler reacts to early disclosure of upcoming Varese Club releases". Jesus on a Cross on a Hill, the reaction at FSM is stunning, and not in a good way. "I HAD PUT 'SURPRISE' IN THE CALENDAR FOR MONDAY! I CANNOT AND WILL NOT HAVE THE SURPRISE ANY DAY BEFORE THAT! I CANNOT HANDLE IT!"

Since today is clearly the end of the World, let me say that I've enjoyed the company of half of the people in the film music world and liked the other half about half as well as they may or may not have deserved. Bilbo Baggins would have been able to say this more eloquently...

Happy 2nd Advent to all y'all! :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:08 am 

Varese is back with a bang. I'm very thrilled & couldn't be happier with this new batch - 5 of the 6 titles will definitely be purchased. What a fantastic close to 2013!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:16 am 

Colleseum has done this several times before. I don't know if someone has their time zones out of whack or what.

I would say out of respect for Varese I would have not posted a link on the message board. But that's just me.

If the rumors are true then it's another solid batch from Varese and my wallet will suffer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:55 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:45 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:24 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:45 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:52 am 

The Abyss and Vibes are ordered ! Very good and eclectic batch...

Last edited by Anakin McFly on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:01 am 
I ended up getting Brass Target, Suspect, Vibes and The Abyss. Vibes seems like a more interesting score than I remembered, based on the samples.

There were no samples for Runaway that would allow me to hear if the mastering had changed, but having no samples is perhaps better for my eardrums. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:21 am 

Neat batch. I was ecstatic to see Brass Target released, so I jumped on that right away. And Abyss. I'm curious about Runaway as it says it's remastered from the original tracks. The normalizing that Varese does these days made their original deluxe release way too hot, so maybe this one will have a more natural acoustic this time and I'll jump on it. Same mastering guy though, so who knows.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:18 am 

I'm actually pretty excited about this batch! Of course the Star Trek score is automatic buy and I'll probably get the James Horner Vibes re-release. That's one Horner score I thought that I'd never ever be able to hear or own. While I'm at it The Abyss looks like a good score as well as Suspect (though I've never heard a Kamen score before. Not sure if I'll like him).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:23 am 

Vibes was an instant buy for me, since it is a Horner score. :mrgreen: But, Abyss and Nemesis I will pick up. The only one I'm worried about running out quicker is Abyss, cause I remember what happened to Die Hard 2 selling out in three weeks. Hopefully they'll still have at least enough left for me to purchase a copy. Well, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:52 am 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:18 am 

Woohoo the Abyss was the first cd I ever bought! From HMV in Birmingham city centre wayy back in 89. So I had to buy the deluxe one dint I. Well chuffed with vibes too. Its been a chuffin excellent year for us soundtrackies. Hope evryone out there has a splendid end to the year. Cant wait to see what next year brings!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next