[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - New Batch of Varese Sarabande Club Releases coming!

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Batch of Varese Sarabande Club Releases coming!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:54 am 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:06 am 

The Hunt for Red October has got me eager for more Poledouris, so if Starship Troopers or Under Siege 2 or... is it On Deadly Ground? If any of those crop up I'll be straight in there, even with Lethal Weapon bought and paid for.

Man I love December, it breaks the bank but what with looking through people's best of year lists, and releases like these, it's just a bountiful time for new stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:34 am 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:28 am 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:54 am 

Okay, I'd like to throw in a wildcard.

David Michael Frank's complete score to Out For Justice (1991).

A very atmospheric score that was under-represented on the 1991, and also had different arrangement from the actual movie score.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:53 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:29 pm 

Woah, what's with the Trek hate? I am a Trek fan and proud of it! There is some great music to be heard in the Star Trek Universe. I just recently purchased some re-recordings of the Original Series scores from Varese and they were superb! I can't wait until a Nemesis or Into Darkness complete score. The last few years have been very exciting for Star Trek expanded/complete scores. I remember when there were absolutely no expanded releases of these scores and as a Star Trek fan I am so thankful to FSM, Intrada, Crescendo, and Varese and all the other companies who were involved in bringing these great scores to us. Are there other series of films that need expansion? Yes of course! But you can't blame us Trekkies for wanting our whole series complete on album can you? Any more than you can blame a Star Wars or Police Academy fan for wanting their soundtracks complete? (Actually, I can't wait for more expanded Star Wars releases. Two and Three need extension. :) ) Anyway, I really don't know what to expect from Varese Club this time around, so I'm looking forward to hearing which soundtracks they release!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:24 pm 

For their triumphant return with the club releases I would really be impressed if they would release Obsession by Bernard Herrmann.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:44 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:17 pm 

For the record, Varese Sarabande has only released 4 Star Trek scores for the films and 3 of them were standard releases at the time of each film's premier.

Nemesis in 2002

Star Trek in 2009

Deluxe Star Trek in 2010

Into Darkness in 2013

I don't think that qualifies as being overdone.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:16 am 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:42 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:16 am 

All titles are not secret now - one FSM-er made investigation, and find all clues.
So now we have some time to think about upcoming batch in quite place
and assess our financial capabilities. :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:33 am 

Immensely disappointing batch. :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:53 am 
If you for some reason want to be surprised like a child on Christmas morning, don't look below.

Brass Target is a big deal, and I quite frankly did not expect them to release that.

I got the Deluxe Edition of Runaway a while ago, and the sound on it is unlistenable. Maybe the recording can sound a lot more pleasing without dynamically compressing it to the max?

I'll get Suspect if they put it in a non-suite format.

Last edited by T. Newman Fan on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next