[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Alan Silvestri's THE AVENGERS

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Alan Silvestri's THE AVENGERS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:07 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:10 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:15 am 

Thank you for the vindication, Roger :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:06 pm 
It is nice to know that Disney's Hollywood Records releases present no hindrances. As a consumer, you never know what seemingly arbitrary obstacles might exist. There are some decent titles in the Hollywood Records catalog that could use the definitive touch.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:15 am 

Here's a list of score CDs released by Hollywood Records

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/cata ... od+Records

I think my top 5 most wanted from that list would be The Rocketeer, The Rock, Sign, Unbreakable, Arachnophobia, and Crimson Tide. (ok, I cheated and picked six :p )

Also Williams' The Patriot and Elfman's Sleepy Hollow, but those would require the participation of non-Disney studios for the unreleased tracks (Sony and Paramount respectively)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:09 am 
Good picks. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, The Ghost and the Darkness and G.I. Jane are three others that I would like to see.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:13 am 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:27 am 
The video below is apparently the film's main theme, recorded by someone at an event. It sounds terrific!

Be careful with the volume control as the volume bumps up significantly in the middle.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:58 pm 

Mine came in today and WOW it is excellent ! First off, to my non audiophile ears, the recording sounds HUGE, crisp, clear, dynamic...a really great sounding CD.

And the music itself... that BIG muscular Silvestri signature sound is there! Heroic, aggressive...a full orchestra workout. Why are people saying it sounds like a Remote Control score ??

Love the Avengers theme wrapping the CD too... ah man. Great liner notes...razor sharp packaging... this one is a must have. Like Doug himself would say, BULLSEYE !

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:45 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:34 am 

Late to the party, but I ordered a copy for myself.

Worked great in the film (both viewings this weekend), and I loved the samples.

Thanks Hollywood Records/Disney/Intrada.

Are we being spoiled by this Disney/Intrada relationship or what? :D

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:39 pm 

I have just read the Douglass Fake's post. You Intrada staff simply deserve this success!!It was your destiny!!What other soundtrack label could merit this more than you!It's the right thing!I am very very happy!Please keep alive this energy and enthusiasm for ever!!!
Ciao
Riccardo

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:40 am 

I'm currently listening to this, and I really like what Silvestri did here.

And a really nice presentation from the Intrada guys. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:43 pm 

I have seen the film several times thus far. Each time when leaving the theater, I have heard somebody somewhere whistling the main Avengers theme. Every time.

I can't remember the last time I heard that happen.

Silvestri's still got it.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:23 am 

I was the one who whistled the theme when leaving the theater ! ^^

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next