[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Celebrating Intrada's 200th Special Collection CD!

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Celebrating Intrada's 200th Special Collection CD!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:27 pm 

I know this is a tad-bit early and the numbers aren't really that important to you guys at Intrada, but with the release of the great Renegades by Michael Kamen (Vol. 192), I see we are approaching 200 titles in the Special Collection series alone, which may be small, but it still stands as a significant importance for the history of film music as it comes to live on CD. With all their incredible work - and I know we thank them enough - I just wanted to celebrate this in a small, intimate way here at Intrada's forums - greatest place on the 'net.

I remember the 100th volume a while back (Goldsmith's fantastic In Harm's Way), and can easily recall a bunch of really cool stuff that has come since. So, again, I know Intrada has just celebrated a much larger milestone (25th Anniversary), but I wanted to personally congratulate them on another successful run in this fantastic series of CDs. May all of you at Intrada be successful in 2012 ... and here's to no. 300, whenever it may come; I know I'll be here for sure.

In an effort to expound on this celebration, I'm asking everyone what is their most treasured CD from the Special Collection series only. Try and only pick one, which will be tough I know, and give a small dose as to why it remains so important to your tastes or collection.

For me, I'll give it some thought and post mine after a bit (I'm sure many already know what mine may be - ha!). I look forward to reading everyone's choices. :)

Last edited by Azella on Tue May 29, 2012 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Celebrating Intrada's (Upcoming) 200th Special Collectio
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:09 pm 
Well, the Intrada Special Collection title that I've listened to most would have to either be Capricorn One or Back to the Future. Back to the Future holds a special place as that is a film I grew up watching an innumerable amount of times and was always fascinated by the music (I never really warmed up to Capricorn One as a film).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:53 am 

For me it would have to be Fright Night
Mainly for not having heard the score or seen the movie before.
Now I have both in my collection & cannot believe how cool they really are

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:07 am 

I will also have to say Back to the Future. I grew up watching the film and when the CD was announced, I was in the hospital participating in a scientific study. A friend of mine said I sounded much happier on the phone after the CD was announced. :)

Besides, the very first score I ever purchased was BTTF II on tape cassette in the early 90s. I subsequently bought the soundtrack for the first one and was disappointed to find only two score cues on it. I wish I could go back in time and tell my 9-year old self that the complete score would be released... nearly 20 years later.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:14 am 

The Deep.

Why? In spite of the fact that Internet came to my home in 2008 (yes, I live in backward in technical plan Russia :mrgreen: ), my first purchases in online shops have begun only in 2009. And Deep was:
a) my first Barry title from Intrada store
b) my first "casual" Barry-title order. When I began researches for this film ('cause I believed that in Roger's clue game he told about Deep), I found with surprise that film was shown in USSR with big success, and my parents vaguely remember it. But I never heard score! So I believed to all who said that it's Barry masterpiece - and I haven't lost - I play it VERY often!

And despite the fact that Wrong Box was released month ago, I hope that 200th Special Collection title CAN be Barry. But in any case - if it will be great/rare title, I will order it without any questions!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:26 am 

My favorite special collection has to be John Barry's The Last Valley. I really loved that LP & just about wore it out. I'd given up all hope of it being released on CD...& now I have it. A short way behind that is Mary Queen Of Scots.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:49 am 

My pic on the left is enough to say how much the release of Back to the Future was for me the most grailish thing they've ever done at Intrada. When I learnt this wasn't gonna be a 1 CD, but a 2 CD edition, the impossible happened here thanks to Intrada : the reconstructed rejected score to my favorite movie of all time. Just Awesome ! I won't have enough time in my entire life to fully thank Intrada for this miracle and Alan Silvestri for this absolute masterpiece...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:51 am 

My Favourite Intrada:

Special Collection: BACK TO THE FUTURE - Alan Silvestri - a stunning 2 CD Edition release with both original score and rejected.

Signature Edition: INVASION USA - Jay Chattaway - A great presentation of this bombastic 80's action extravaganza.

MAF Release: ROCKY IV - Vince DiCola - One of my favourite scores ever released.

But when Charles Bernstein's LOVE AT FIRST BITE arrives, it's gonna steal the top spot of either the Special or Signature. :D

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:04 am 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:46 pm 

My choice would be The Amazing Mr Blunden - Elmer Bernstein.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:57 pm 

The Deep for me as well.

One of my absolute favorite scores EVER. Period. Point. Blank. Lush, beautiful, thrilling and just an overall different kind of score for Barry. The theme is so beautiful. I love EVERY cue, but my favorite is All Yours. I remember when I first saw the film, apart from the Main Title each cue was wonderful, but ran together in sound. But when All Yours played with Jackie Bisset and Robert Shaw talking about lost manifests, I was perplexed. I couldn't believe I was hearing something so beautiful, so mystical and so awe-inspiring. I immediately rushed out and got the LP. Sad was I to find out that the suite was all that was included, and unfortunately as great as it was, many great clues, the cue in question being one of them, were not included. For years after I waited...and waited for a company to release The Deep. Thank you Intrada for making that dream a reality, and in it's complete score agenda, as well!

Other close calls would be A L I E N, Black Widow, and Straw Dogs...Capricorn One as well!

When Intrada releases Something Wicked This Way Comes by Georges, or Deadly Blessing by Horner...or even Supergirl by my man Goldsmith, this above mentioned post might change...!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:31 pm 

Hey, guys - I was wondering if any of you had any mad Photoshop skills to make a poster-like JPEG or PNG covering all 200 titles once they're released? That would be really cool to have (think along the lines of La-La Land's 200th title one-sheet.)

Anyone? :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:45 am 

On this topic, I shall let my avatar do the talking, although CAPRICORN ONE and THE DEEP have gotten a ridiculous amount of play around these parts as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:59 am 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:29 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next