[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - My mother in law just passed away...

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: My mother in law just passed away...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:42 pm 

I've been trying to spend more time sharing stuff with you folks, even though Roger thinks I should spend the time producing upcoming CDs. So with sadness, I'll share on a personal level. Mary Ann's mom (yes, the Mary Ann thanked in our booklets) died peacefully in her sleep last night. She was a kind and beautiful lady all the way through this final gesture to join with her husband, who died a few years earlier. These two kind people (Amelia and Victor) brought Mary Ann into the world, who later joined with me. And still later, Mary Ann and I brought Regina and Veronika into this same world. The circle of life does exist.

Mary Ann is flying out immediately and I and our two daughters will drive out there over the holidays. "There" is a very tiny farming town in Southwestern Colorado, nestled quietly alongside the Navajo Indian reservation. How small? If you want to go to the post office, you just drive up in front and park. Maybe two spaces, no meters. That small. Anyway, as I prepare for this emotional trip, hoping to lend support over these next few days to Mary Ann as she handles her loss... I remind myself of our vulnerability. That's it. Nothing profound, really. Just that I'm thinking we're here for awhile, we try to sort out our left feet from our right feet, we hope maybe to get some things done and sometimes we do get things done... and then we say goodbye.
--Doug

Post subject: Re: My stepmom just passed away...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:21 am 

Dear Doug,

A very moving post, and I just wanted to offer my deepest condolences
while trotting around the board late tonight, to you and your family. Life is short isn't
it, and forgive for somewhat going off topic, but I think this is why film music,
at least for me, is so valuable. It can move beyond being a record or a sound on
a DVD/Blu Ray and become something more profound, and help us to cope with and
recognize emotions that other music in life cannot. I have been a friend,supporter,
customer,fan of you and your label for 18 years now, and just had to say it was very
personal and brave of you to share such a thing with your friends here.

Sympathies from my family to yours,
Sean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:44 am 

My english is clumsy and limited, but with the help of a translator also want to communicate my regret so important loss. A hug for you and your family from the house of one fan more.

Jose.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:57 am 

My deepest sympathies.

Doug,
you know we all think a lot of you, your family, and the guys at INTRADA.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:02 am 

Doug, thank you for sharing more personal stories (while producing CDs). It's really appreciated for your true fans out here. We really adore getting to know you guys a little better. It's unfortunate your story involves such a tragedy, but you and your family have my condolences. Thanks for being here for your fans (and, of course, family), and thanks for being a true inspiration on how to lead a crowd into a pleasure zone through both taste and morality. I can speak for myself; I can be broke, on the street, and I'd still walk into a public library to sit right here... with Intrada.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:05 am 

Doug, take care of your family in this sad times, and know that we all are there with you and your family in thoughts...

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

Post subject: Re: My mother in law just passed away...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:22 pm 

My sincere condolences to you and your family, Doug.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:00 pm 

Doug, I extend my condolences to your entire family. In times of grief there can be few priorities greater than reflection, love, and memories. When the family has reunited in Colorado, may you all find occasion for comfort through shared reminiscences of tenderness and humor; that has long been a healing outlet within my own family. If everyone offers, there are bound to be stories which someone never knew about -- but in which all can recognize the departed.

Many of us are here who care from a distance.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:02 pm 

My condolences to you and your family Doug.

I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:06 pm 
Doug I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:21 pm 

Doug

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

Please take care...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:02 pm 

May your grieving be brief and your memories last an eternity.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:56 pm 

We all know how much you're strongly linked to your family as you're the one who uses since 25 years the initiales of your wife on your cd...
My thoughts go to you, Mary Ann and your daughters.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:14 am 

Very sorry to hear that, what sad news. FORGET about the CD's. Family comes first, we all have plenty of great CD's to listen to. I'm glad she was such a special lady.

Hang in there Fakes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:18 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
I do not have a lot of words to add to this thread, except indeed: my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next