[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Michael Giacchino's UP

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Michael Giacchino's UP
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:29 pm 

INTRADA
Announces:

UP
Composed and Conducted by MICHAEL GIACCHINO
D001372702

I knew that I HAD to do this film - I couldn’t get the idea out of my mind.
- Michael Giacchino

Intrada is proud to announce the first in a series of soundtracks co-branded with Walt Disney Records. The first release is the premiere CD issue of Michael Giacchino's Oscar-winning score to the 2009 animated tale Up and features the Grammy winning soundtrack album program. In fact, Giacchino was awarded two Grammys, the second being Best Instrumental Composition for "Married Life." The film is a bittersweet adventure featuring very real characters struggling with difficult emotional issues, yet on a colorful, outlandish and often humorous adventure. A film with a complex emotional base required Giacchino to compose a score that featured an expert blend of action, comedy and nostalgia, a recipe not ordinarily found in an animated film. The result was a score that mixed these elements effortlessly without manipulating the audience -- the mark of an expert composer. As director Pete Doctor remarked, "It was as if he had somehow reached out into the sky and grabbed the soundtrack for our film, as if it has always existed out there."

The film tells the story of Carl Fredricksen, starting with the day he meets his future wife as kids to her elderly death. Upon her death, he straps balloons to his house before it can be demolished, rising up into the sky on a wild adventure. With stowaway Junior Wilderness Explorer Russell as his unexpected companion, the two embark on a journey of adventure and self-discovery, showing that age knows no limits when it comes to friendship, trying something new, or broadening ones horizons.

D001372702
Retail Price: $19.99
AVAILABLE NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7130/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Michael Giacchino's UP
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:33 pm 

ordered''''

Fingers crossed for Tinkerbell box set coming soon ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:34 pm 

I adore the classic DisneyLand Records Label! And that is a very nice touch! Very Classic Looking artwork layout! Is the Disney Case still a standard jewel case?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:36 pm 

BRAVO, INTRADA!

Just ordered mine!

I will be passing along the news to a major Pixar blog shortly.

A momentus occasion for Intrada and Disney. Absolutely fantastic. Cheers, and here's to many more to come! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:37 pm 

Wow! This is great. Finally on CD. I love that cover art too. Reminds me of all Disney's old vinyl releases. 10,000 or 10,000,000 I already ordered this sucker.
CONGRATULATIONS Intrada! I know your time inside the Disney vault will be well spent. Just don't get locked inside of it like their movies.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:38 pm 

Doug, Roger and the gang at Intrada, congratulations on this moment and the deal with Disney.

Thank you so much for this release. I simply adore this score and while I have the iTunes release I will gladly purchase the actual CD.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:39 pm 

Very cool - also like the old 'Disneyland Records' logo - nice touch. Easy order for me :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:45 pm 

Wow.
Words fail.

Congratulations on this supercalifragilisticexpialidocious achievement, Intrada!

I haven't seen this movie yet (I received the BR a few weeks ago, but there were several others with it and not enough time), nor heard a single note from the music (well, probably in the trailer, but I can't remember it), but I trust Giacchino on this. My order is placed already, but now I'll listen to a minute or two (only; I'll discover the rest on CD).

(The Disneyland Records logo is a nice touch indeed).

How dizzying it must be to finally be given access to all those treasures-- howto choose? in what order to release the dozens and dozens of excellent scores everybody has been longing for for so long?

Wonderful.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:50 pm 

Simply awesome! I so love Giacchino, perfect release yet again!

Thank you Hamsters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:51 pm 

Not just the old Disneyland Records logo, but beautiful 60s styled artwork too. Amazing, and totally ordered. A few friends of mine, including my Disney obsessed sister, will also be picking it up for sure.

Congratulations everyone at Intrada on this partnership, and this release!

(PS, Shoot to Kill too! Or Deadly Pursuit, since I'm in the UK. Wonderful!)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:57 pm 

Immediately Ordered ! Why ? because I'm a fan of Disney, a fan of Michael Giacchino, a fan of Pixar, and overall a fan of YOU Intrada ! What you achieved IS a miracle.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm 

Like others, I also love the old school Disnyland logo, brings back many memories.

A toast to Intrada and Disney on there new partnership and for many more wonderful soundtracks to come.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:24 pm 

Congratulations on this new partnership, guys. This is very exciting. Can't wait to give these (UP and SHOOT TO KILL) a spin on the kick-ass new stereo system that my three year old daughter got me for Father's Day. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:42 pm 

Ordered. Way to go Intrada. A beautiful cover. Love the Disneyland Record touch.. a suprise indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:21 pm 

Wow!! Intrada has released one huge score! Masterpiece? Absolutely! Congratulations, guys, and thank you to Disney for making this release possible. Ordered! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next