[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Anyone else getting itchy waiting for the Varese club discs?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else getting itchy waiting for the Varese club di
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:39 am 

Whelmed, but not overwhelmed.

Herrmann's Hitchcock Hour Volume 1 and the Goldsmith concert DVD landed in my cart. I'll let more appreciative folk enjoy the other two titles.

And Bruce K., I just checked out samples of your new release, "The Berlin Affair." That really IS gorgeous stuff! Sold!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:49 am 

Crap!

Varese really suck now.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:41 am 

Haven´t bought anything since their release of the Goonies, but Scream Deluxe might do, but the rest, I do not have any interests in at all...

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:42 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:08 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:17 am 

As a whole I was somewhat disapppointed (considering the extended wait) but I still ordered Scream and My Demon Lover (great samples).

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:59 am 

Honestly? My Demon Lover was the only title in this batch that I seriously got excited over. It's David Newman, for pete's sake! He's among my top five favorite composers.

As I've said over at FSM, it sounds a LOT like Brave Little Toaster, with some action and saxophone thrown in. It's an absolute must-have for me. Truly disappointing that many others don't feel the same way. :(

I'm not at all familiar with Scream, but I liked the samples, so that one is ordered as well. The Goldsmith DVD and the Herrmann will have to wait.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:36 am 

Excellent batch from Varese.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:08 am 

Dub post....

Last edited by GoblinScore on Mon May 23, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:08 am 

hope you like 'DEMON' Basil - I have been dying for this to make the club, since my cdr
transfer sucked, and was paired with VAMP :oops: so now I can totally throw the disc
out!
It's a fun score but VERY 80's, beware.....mostly electronic, the orchestra only comes
in for the last reel, but this is one of those Tom Null sequencing jobs, so it's all over the
place.
A bit (un)surprised about the usual discontent over 'the batch' - made my morning, I
bought all off it except SCREAM, will hold off and see what complaints surface there.
I LOVE the other concert/Varese set they did, so the Goldsmith is a godsend IMO,
sweetened by some of the 'unusual suspects' that were recorded. And you can't go
wrong with the Herrmann - hell, the year is half over and we're just starting these
tributes!??! Cmon gang!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:33 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:46 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:34 pm 

A decent batch, considering almost everything major has been released now... ^^
But I'm still disappointed with their concert DVD releases ! Stereo Dolby Digital ? Come on guys, is it so hard to put a few more microphones and do a discrete 5.1 mix ? Everyone does that, except you.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:45 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:54 pm 

Overall, I am pleased with this group... especially the expanded Marco Beltrami SCREAM (with a track by Christophe Beck) and David
Newman's charming MY DEMON LOVER.

Regardless of the "bitching"... they did a great job and well worth the wait.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next