[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Doug's Corner 4/8/2011 "SOLD OUT"

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Doug's Corner 4/8/2011 "SOLD OUT"
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:20 am 
I figured 48 Hrs. would not sell out for a while for the reasons mentioned above, but I immediately had to have well-mastered BusBoys music despite having to disregard a much more limited release.

And to think that this incredible disc was issued on the same day as the definitive release of The Great Escape. That was quite the eventful day.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:18 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:35 pm 

I have to laugh about some posts over at FSM!! Bruce Kimmel threatens to leave
then comes back. Then he whines and cries because his releases do not sell out
like Intrada's? Said his new Black Sunday will sell out, well it did, but in only 8 hours
from his own site, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to sell out through
the other dealers! Sometimes I do not think he has enough to do since we got the
countdown of how many are left about every other post, but this obviously helped
sell it out at his site! It also probably helped that if you bought it you could get
another Kritzerland Baxter CD, that obviously did not sell out at half price and that
CD is still not sold out? Oh, well, Intrada still wins with a sell out in 6 hrs everywhere!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:22 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:04 pm 

I have to be really picky about what I buy these days. Sometimes I decide to wait on a title till the next week when I have some extra cash, only to find it's sold out in a day (for instance, a couple weeks ago). Other times I'll have some extra cash the day a release I'm mildly interested in is announced and just jump on it for fear of losing it entirely; call it the Predator/SpaceCamp syndrome. Very rarely is a title I really want announced and I actually have money at that time. I usually have to hope and pray it's still there come Friday.

My willingness to contribute to how quickly a title often has little to do with what the title is or who the composer is, but rather the state of my wallet that week. If I had more fore-warning of what Intrada releases were coming out and when, I could probably better plan my finances ahead. But with little or no heads' up (just the guessing game in the forum to go by), I pretty much fly by the seat of my pants, and often end up missing out on something I wish I had the money to buy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:29 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:25 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:26 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:16 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:29 pm 

Any chance that Doug posted it there to make his statement, not wanting anymore discussion?
Just think about it.

Dew itch mark cents know?

Last edited by Startracks on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:39 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:58 pm 

Post sense no make, so it pulled I!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:22 pm 

La lumiere ne s'allume pas.

Startracks, you need to just chill out bud. You're always bitching about something and no one really cares and it's kinda weird. :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:38 am 

Chillpills dude...no need to hazzle Mr.Kimmel in here. He is one of the good guys here releasing CDs for us...no need to bring a private vendetta here, thank you very much :D

I think Doug hit his head on the nail with precision in his Doug´s Corner and made a very valid point about how a company thinks and how they work. Kritzerland is doing the same and so does all the other labels and at the end of the day, it deals with a label to survive and to sell as many CDs possible and at the same time make the customers happy...

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:11 am 

For the record, I appreciate Doug's time and candor in helping us understand these realities for his label and himself.

In addition, I didn't consider the remarks from either Doug or Mr. Kimmel to be either crying OR whining.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next