[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Georges Delerue's EXPOSED

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Georges Delerue's EXPOSED
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:00 pm 

INTRADA
Announces:

EXPOSED
Composed and Conducted by GEORGES DELERUE

INTRADA Special Collection Volume 166

Georges Delerue was known for his beautiful scoring. Gentle melodies, warm harmonies often tinged with sadness… even his dramatic sequences
were often subdued and rarely overwrought or florid. His mastery of the strings and a love of the flute were unparalleled, and both are on display with his original score for MGM's 1983 film Exposed. His singular style is evident right from the opening of the score, with a typically lilting theme that hints at the beauty of Paris, but with a pensive undertone, foreshadowing the events to come. This CD includes everything he recorded at two scoring sessions held at MGM on July 27, 1982, including a beautiful excerpt from Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 min G Major, adapted and conducted by Delerue. The original ½” 15 i.p.s. three-channel stereo session masters were preserved in mint condition in the vaults at MGM and have been digitally folded into two-track stereo for this CD.

Exposed stars Nastassja Kinski, a frustrated college student who abandoning an affair with her teacher (director James Toback) and flees to New York. Discovered by a photographer (Ian McShane), she is thrust into the world of high fashion modeling---and high risk experiences---with a sensuous-but-mysterious classical violinist (Rudolf Nureyev) and a charming-but-deadly terrorist (Harvey Keitel). Exposed is an ode to the French New Wave films of the 1960s and Delerue's music completes the homage.

This release is limited to 1000 units.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 166
Retail Price: $19.99
AVAILABLE NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7015/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Georges Delerue's EXPOSED
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:10 pm 

Awesome! Ordered! Thanks a lot... now fingers crossed that QUEENIE, MAN WOMAN AND CHILD, SWORD OF GIDEON or HER ALIBI will follow :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:10 pm 

Looks like another very special Delerue release, along the same lines as Memories of Me. Music sounds absolutely gorgeous. Ordered!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:14 pm 

Thank you for this rather unexpected release.....I've totally forgotten about this Delerue scored film.

Hopefully the future will bring Delerue scores from the Universal/Paramount vaults...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:27 pm 

Ordered! Delerue is almost always an immediate buy. I became hooked on his scoring years ago when I purchased Agnes of God and Black Robe.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:10 pm 

I've heard of Exposed but never seen it, and also I've never purchased a Delarue before, nor can I remember seeing a film he's scored, but my goodness those samples. "You're Weird" sounds beautiful, and the rest equally enticing. Along with Pink Panther, this has very much been ordered.

Thanks for another great pair of releases everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:30 pm 

Intrada: many, many thanks for this unexpected release ! I'm thrilled and ordered it at once !
Maybe one day the tapes for AMOS, AURORA, PARIS BY NIGHT and AMERICAN FRIENDS will also surface !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:45 am 
Already sold out at Intrada's site. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:30 am 

I must have gotten one of the last ones!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:09 am 

As expected. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:56 am 

That was fast. I'm glad I grabbed a copy last night along with Il Pink Pantero. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:55 pm 

Wow! I expected this to go, but it really went fast! I'm happy I secured mine. For me it was truly a no-brainer. Anything by Georges Delerue is an instant buy. Thanks Intrada.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:12 am 

Thank you very much for this wonderful Delerue release, I am eternally grateful! :)

Given it's brevity it, I managed to give this score ten thorough listens. And the music was, as expected, beautiful but I was left yearning for more.... :oops:

Hopefully, Intrada has more Delerue down the road.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 pm 
This score is a very easy and enjoyable listen.

Now I need to actually see the movie. If it isn't the music that sold me on it, it is those wonderful images of the beautiful Nastassja Kinski scattered throughout the liner notes and on the back. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]