[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - CYBORG The Director's Cut and THE CRY

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: CYBORG The Director's Cut and THE CRY
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:02 pm 

Howlin' Wolf Records is excited to announce two releases scheduled for April 2011.

THE CRY

•First up is THE CRY, a film by Bernadine Santistevan based on the Latin American legend of La Llorona, music composed by Dean Parker. Dean Parker is a talented composer for film and theater, known also for his affiliation with Carter Burwell, managing Burwell's personal recording studio The Body and serving as Composer Assistant to Carter Burwell.

CYBORG The Director's Cut

•Also coming in April - A VERY EXCITING SPECIAL PROJECT!

Considered to be long lost, The Director's Cut for the Albert Pyun 1989 Feature CYBORG has been found! CYBORG The Director's Cut is a much darker cut of the film and features a never before heard score composed by longtime Pyun collaborator Tony Riparetti along with co-composer Jim Saad. For those of us who can never get our fill of the wonderful action, scifi, synth scores reminiscent of the late 80's and early 90's, this is a special treat!

MALEVOLENCE

•Finally, Howlin' Wolf Records is very excited to premiere new art designs for its first release, Stevan Mena's MALEVOLENCE. We are premiering the new designs, masterfully crafted by Luis M. Rojas, to celebrate BEREAVEMENT the prequel to MALEVOLENCE opening in theaters today, Friday March 4, 2011. BEREAVEMENT stars Alexandra Daddario, Michael Biehn, John Savage, Nolan Gerard Funk, and Brett Rickaby. Howlin' Wolf Records currently has the limited edition pressing of MALEVOLENCE on sale for $11.95 in celebration of the BEREAVEMENT hitting theaters and will be distributing the final copies through this promotion. All individuals purchasing MALEVOLENCE will be provided with high resolution, print-ready files of the new art designs for printing along with original art inserts autographed by writer, director, composer Stevan Mena.

Post subject: Re: CYBORG The Director's Cut and THE CRY
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:13 am 

Awsome release with Cyborg.
I have the suite from the Van Damme collection of Ripparettis music and I like what I hear. It will be exciting to see the directors cut too with this "original" music even if I have grown up with Kevin Bassinsons music to the movie.
Riparetti is a great composer and i especially love his music to the Pyun directed KNIGHTS (maybe something for Howlin Wolf to consider releasing in the future?)

Cool to see a a new facelift to the best movie this last decade of Malevolence This is a CD I actually have two ex of and it is a total flashback to Carpenter and a great score. Hope Bereveament will have a CD release too.
Looking SOOOO forward to that movie as I have been waiting years for it...The Most anticipating release this year for sure...
Great stuff indeed :D

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:04 am 

Wow, this new director's cut to Cyborg--the music anyway--will be very interesting to compare. I have an extreme fondness for Bassinson's score; it just worked so well in the film. By the way, Bassinson's music could use an American pressing itself.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:51 pm 

Thank you for the comments. Howlin' Wolf Records is excited to have the opportunity to showcase scores composed by Tony Riparetti for Alber Pyun films and hope very much that CYBORG The Director's Cut will be the start of more fun and exciting film scores. Regarding Stevan Mena, we absolutely plan to release BEREAVEMENT and hope to have more information on that release in the coming weeks - I saw the film this weekend and was really blown away!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:34 am 

Great news about Cyborg - will definitely order. Do you have the cover art available yet?

Crossing my fingers it is the original poster art...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:42 am 

Are we going to get the chance to see the director's cut for CYBORG on DVD or Blu-Ray?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:14 am 

We do not yet know what imagery the coverart will showcase. My understanding is it will be a new treament.

Regarding CYBORG The Director's Cut DVD, you might want to email curnanpictures (at) gmail (dot) com for more information.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:44 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:26 pm 

is this the cover used for the Cyborg release I think it is a great one to use and has the spirit of the Van Damme poster except the man himself and the villan gang

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:28 pm 

I really hope they release the Director's Cut on DVD or Blu-Ray!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:38 pm 

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

Last edited by Freejack on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:02 pm 

CORRECTION!!!!!!

That made me shit in my cereal!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I just checked the demo clip of the Main Titles at Howling Wolf's website, it's the theme from the KICKBOXER 2 trailer that I've been searching after for the last 15 years.

http://www.howlinwolfrecords.com/storecyborg.html

HELL YEAH, LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!!

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:31 pm 

That demo clip was fantastic! Now I'm REALLY looking forward to this release. Can't wait to order!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:35 am 

The insert designs for CYBORG The Director's Cut are still evolving. Here is the latest cover preview - very subtle changes. Insert designs are by Luis M. Rojas, who creates beautiful coverart and we feel very fortunate to work with him.

We will have more audio tracks from CYBORG The Director's Cut on the website soon.

This should go to press in the next few days so we are still on target for an April release. THANKS for posts!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:12 pm 

Great!!! I want to buy it immediately!!!! 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next