[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Limited Editions are not so limited!

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Limited Editions are not so limited!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:15 pm 

About 12 or 13 years ago, I saw an absolutely wonderful production of "Promises, Promises" (with Jason Alexander in the lead) here in Los Angeles. Afterward, I really wanted a copy of the music and was extremely disappointed to find that there was no cast album at all available on CD. All I managed to track down was one compilation album (a solo album by Liz Callaway that Varese Sarabande released) that included a (really good) medley of two of the songs from the show.

The original cast album did finally show up on CD a few years later and has even been reissued a couple times since then, including the Kritzerland re-master. I was fortunate to get the 2-CD version before it sold out and am glad to have such an excellent presentation of the music. Of course, there is now an impressive variety of recordings of this music now available, between the various releases of the original Broadway cast, Kritzerland's recent release of the London cast album, and the very widely available cast album from the current Broadway revival.

When I think back to my experience after seeing and loving the show, I remember well the frustration involved with really wanting music that is pretty much unavailable. For that reason, I completely applaud Kritzerland's decision to do another pressing of the Broadway cast re-master after the first one sold out so much faster than expected. Even though I own the first limited edition version that became, perhaps, slightly less of a rarety, I simply can't fault at all the decision to make the music available to more people that might want it. As I see it, the music is really what is important.

As for the album itself, I really thank Bruce and the rest of the Kritzerland team for all the efforts to make this great music available.

-Jeff

Post subject: Re: More proof that some labels are in it for the money!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:12 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:45 pm 

Well hell, I was treated like a red-haired Schnauzer by a few outstanding citizens over at the FSM board and accused of everything but being a child of God. I was accused of being responsible for running people away from the forum (total horsehit). Also accused of being callous and unconcerned regarding women who are beaten and otherwise brutalized by men. That accusation was made by a totally overinflated idiot under the handle, "neo-trinity" and was accompanied by sad ass staged images of women, huddled in corners with greasepaint bruises and hollywood hang dog expressions on their faces. Political correctness completely out of hand to the point where a guy can't even stratch his own fat ass without being accused of some horrendous act of the mind. This "neo-trinity" character once said, (as if to give himself a sense of superiority or heightened credibility), "We represent the most prestigious people on both coasts, ace!", and really got all bent out of shape for reasons left vague. It was not unlike a child having a tantrum when not given his favorite flavor of ice cream (two scoops). As I've said before, I personally don't give a hoot if he represents the damn lollypop kids. And by the way, who the hell are "we" anyway, ace? :lol:

Kimmel always seemed okay to me. I've heard a few people say he needs an attitude adjustment but hey... who the hell doesn't?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:34 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:10 am 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:52 pm 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:55 pm 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:41 pm 

The FACT is that Startracks takes every conceivable potshot at Kritzerland that he can, even if he has to make shit up.

Fact: The price of a single CD at Kritzerland is $19.99.

Fact: The 2-CD "Promises, Promises" was sold for $19.99 (not extra for the 2nd CD).

Fact: Bruce Kimmel more than one time stated that he was repressing the pitch-corrected version for those who wanted it in their collections BUT WHO ALREADY OWNED THE PREVIOUS RYKO PRESSING or the OBC LP ORIGNAL CAST.

And, of course, anyone else who'd like to have it.

FACT: The term "limited" means contract-bound to a specific number. This has been explained MANY TIMES in various forums that labels CAN renegotiate to press more if the demand is there.

And, again FACT, the price of a SINGLE KRITZERLAND CD is, and always has been, $19.99.

No rational (meaning not having an AGENDA) mind could expect the label to take a loss (yes, LOSS...it's a business, after all) on an additional pressing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:18 am 

It is interesting how Ron Pulliam has gone back to a thread that I started in July and
everyone let die in August, just to poke me with a stick to see if I am still here!
Why did I come back? I wanted to read what people were saying about Patton.

But, this thread should be read in a different light now with what Lukas has said over on
the FSM board. Limited editions are not as limited when they are purposely over-pressed
are they?? Kritzerland does not purposely over-press their CDs.

I also now own only 2 Kritzerland CDs and not 4 as I said earlier in this post. With me being
the ass that I am, I gave them (no money accepted) to someone I knew would appreciate
them more. No, I did not rip them to my computer!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:31 am 

Damn. It really is just about the number isn't it? Who cares about the number? It's about the music. If the demand is there, and the label wants to negotiate to press more (or if slightly more are pressed), then who gives a damn?

If the thought of FSM producing more than the allotted number keeps people awake at night, then I suggest seeking a psychiatrist.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:25 am 

It looks like film music has caught up with other kinds of music. Stuff gets deleted...& then re-released. I would think we'll see quite a few re-releases. Looking at the new Varese website, they seem to have lost control of a lot of the titles they were doing. They only list one of their Fox series now, Bernard Herrnamm At Fox Vol.1. And then there's all those sold out Clubs. Intrada did Predator, they may well do a few more.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:53 am 

I was wondering that myself. Varese is either taking their time updating their website or some licenses have expired on current non club titles.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:43 am 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:14 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:53 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next