[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Limited Editions are not so limited!

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Limited Editions are not so limited!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:25 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:43 pm 

Personally, I'm proud of the fact that a lot of stuff I enjoy has a limited appeal and therefore released in limited quantities. More often than not I despise mass marketed horseshit with a passion.

Limited pressings of recordings is nothing new, it goes back years and years with many different labels. Italian, German, French... In the USA it's a relatively new concept in this day and age of those strange little things called compact discs.

I love it! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:51 pm 

Post subject: Re: More proof that some labels are in it for the money!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:23 pm 

Last edited by Startracks on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:32 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:25 pm 

All I can say is... If a label does a release of something I've always been jiggy about, I wouldn't care if it were produced by Hannibal Lecter. A defining moment in my own mind is when Cops And Robbers (Michel Legrand) was released on a Kritzerland CD. I had hopes of hearing that score for years. Now if someone would only git 'er done with The Out Of Towners (Quincy Jones).

Now if we're gonna give each other knuckle sandwiches, I'll say this... I'd have a hard time buying anything from Hank Kimball over at FSM. He reminds me of the kid in The Twilight Zone who sent those he didn't like to the cornfield. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:07 pm 

There are LE score CD/albums that I have wanted and did not purchase because of cost or not one of my composers or the source of recording. But, I have some labels that I do not purchase the CD especially if certain people are involved in the release and yes, I am missing out on a lot doing that, but with the rate scores are being re-released, I will have the score at sometime, if not I probably have it on LP. Intrada gets most of my money!

I used to have a list of holy grails, but I have so many LPs and CDs, I can live with what I got.
If something great comes out I will try to get it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:17 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:25 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:48 am 

I have NO issue with any limited edition that is put back into print no matter how soon it is reissued. The thought that the second edition of PROMISES was somehow less expensive than the first to manufacture is so inane, it is comedic. And quite frankly, I am sick of people who somehow think they can blast ANY label for "being in it for the money". The music itself is the art. The manufacturing and releasing of it is a business and more often than not a labor of love CASE CLOSED!

Bruce thanks for all the great stuff and I look forward to more! Please get The Amazing Colossal Man out! :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:52 am 

I love soundtracks (well some of them), but all I do about it is buy the releases I like. I don't put time & effort into releasing anything, & I certainly don't chance losing any money, so I'm really grateful to those who do. I hope they make a healthy profit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:39 pm 

Yeah, Kritzerland has certainly become, in a sense, 'just another label' to lump in with Intrada, FSM, Lala, and so on...and there's nothing wrong with that.
Granted, one could complain about how they often don't mention the sources of tapes and stuff like other labels too (and a couple of times fail to mention if everything is mono or stereo or whatever), and I find it very odd how Bruce seems to hate having track times ANYWHERE (even his Varese produced CDs suffer from this) but...to compare them Harkit is really quite rude.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:07 pm 

Well the latest disc of Saint Joan (Mischa Spoliansky) is nice. I've had the vinyl pressing with Saul Bass cover art for years. It's long been a personal favorite.

I was really surprised when I recieved the email notification of this release, just one day earlier I was thinking about this recording having never been available on CD. A beautiful score deserving of being considered classic. I've wondered a few times if the "Pipes Of Pan" performer might possibly be Zamfir (?).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:38 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:48 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next