[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Star Wars Episode VII (Michael Giacchino)

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Star Wars Episode VII (Michael Giacchino)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:14 pm 

Now that the name of director JJ Abrams has been officialized. It should be obvious that Michael Giacchino is gonna be the successor of John Williams for the score. What are you expecting him to do in this dreamy position ?

Post subject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII (Michael Giacchino)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:21 pm 

Well, if Williams doesn't return, I think Giacchino is an excellent choice. He's a fine composer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:45 pm 

I think it's probably a safe bet that Giacchino will score the picture IF Williams is not interested, not available, or simply not asked. But I don't think it's obvious that any of these will be the case. It's entirely possible that Williams will remain active and healthy for however long it takes Disney to make the new trilogy (eight years max, following the Prequel timeline -- although I can see them pushing for a shorter gap between films this time around). And while it's true that these films will see a lot of new blood, Disney has taken pains to establish continuity with the old guard such as Kasdan, Kennedy, Struzan, etc. Finally, let's not forget that Williams has already scored two STAR WARS pictures that were not directed by George Lucas! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:11 am 

And since Disney now owns Star Wars, could that mean the next Star Wars new score release won't say Sony Records, but rather ... Intrada Records?

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:26 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:12 pm 

I feel optamistic. Giacchino is very skilled in filmscoring and i feel that he will take what John Williams has written to the next level. Some themes must stay intact including the main theme and some leitmotive's, but he has the ability to go to the next level.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:58 am 

In the event John Williams does not score the first installment/or new trilogy... I think Michael Giacchino is the perfect choice to the Star Wars music throne. Incredibly skilled and prolific. To date, I haven't heard anything by MG that I don't like. Plus, he is an "old fashioned" composer who has not fallen for "noise"...

Regardless of the haters of Abrams... I think he is a great choice. The only other would be Joss Whedon.

I think I will put on JOHN CARTER now...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:33 am 

The film isn't even made and people are already asking what we think the assumed composer will do?

Here's my answer: he'll score the movie.

Honestly, what kind of an answer do you expect?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:08 am 

Williams has no say. Lucas no longer owns it, and Lucas is not directing it. Williams was always a gurantee because of Lucas.

Likewise I imagine JJ only has some pull when dealign with Disney, Disney may suggest or push the choice of composer.

Williams is not doing it until somebody involved says otherwise.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:08 am 

Has John Williams ever worked for Disney or on a Disney produced film before?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:46 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]