[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces John Scott's SHOOT TO KILL

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces John Scott's SHOOT TO KILL
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:30 pm 

INTRADA
Announces:

SHOOT TO KILL
Composed and Conducted by JOHN SCOTT
INTRADA Special Collection Volume 173

The 1988 Touchstone film Shoot to Kill quite frankly features one of John Scott's finest scores. Scott employs a single long-form, minor-mode melody to characterize and drive Shoot to Kill, and it is unquestionably one of the great motion picture themes of the 1980s. Performed by saxophone, full orchestra, or solo piano, it appears in many guises through this action score, with a sweeping nod to the grand outdoor adventure on screen. The complex construction of the melody paints a portrait of the conflict between protagonist and adversary, featuring shadowy opening notes that reinforce the sense of mystery at the same time they heroically characterize Warren Stantin (Sidney Poitier). Having grounded the score with this melody, Scott was free to take a wide variety of rhythmic and stylistic approaches, with action and suspense music that is robust, complex and varied as he tackles an abundance of situations from the tense hostage drama to the rigors of survival, a blanketing snowstorm, a grueling mountain climb, the tourists’ murder, a forest foot chase and the final trackdown, pursuit and confrontation with the villain on a ferry near the Canadian border. The result is an exciting, stylish and memorable action score, one of the hallmarks of ’80s cinema and, in its way, an impressive tribute to the durability and mystique of Sidney Poitier, one of the great icons of modern cinema.

In Shoot to Kill, FBI agent Warren Stantin is assigned to investigate a San Francisco jewelry store break-in—only to discover that the man about to abscond with two pounds of diamonds is the store owner whose wife is being held hostage by a mysterious criminal. This event turns into a manhunt that leads Stantin north where he employs the reluctant Jonathan Knox (Tom Berenger) to lead him through the mountains to find his girlfriend and fellow guide Sarah (Kirstie Alley) and her group (none of whom realize that there is a killer among them) before the suspect can escape into Canada.

This release is limited to 2000 units.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 173
Retail Price: $19.99
AVAILABLE NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7118/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces John Scott's SHOOT TO KILL
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:40 pm 

Well hello Sherlock...this is what I call POWERHOUSE...
Who do I have too be nasty to get this CD a.s.a.p. :twisted:
bought paid and I hope fed-exed to me tomorrow ;)
thank you very much for this which will stand proudly as the runner up to 48:hrs this year...
Finally a label that released this score and who if not to do it but INTRADA *whoot whoot whoot*

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

Last edited by CocoNut Joe on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:40 pm 

Excellent! :D

Any new John Scott CD's are most welcome -- thanks intrada team!

Matt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:41 pm 

Just ordered my copy - blind purchase since I have no other John Scott scores in my collection (aside from LLL's Greystoke). Glad I passed on a bunch of other things recently released. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:42 pm 

An action classic is brought back to life.....Intrada Style.

Keep those Touchstone titles coming... you know what I mean. :wink:

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:46 pm 

Oh My Gawd, this is awesome! Thank you, Hamsters!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:46 pm 

Sounds very cool.

A great start!

:D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:55 pm 

FANTASTIC release! Totally ordered. Thanks Intrada!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:02 pm 

Ordered. Looking forward to it. Hope this one (and UP) arrive in Atlanta before my drive to Florida Friday with my wife and son.

Thanks Intrada!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:29 pm 

Awesome release! Thank you so much! Ordered this and the Ken Wannberg collection. Just finished an 80's marathon, having watched THE PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT, RUNAWAY, ALIEN NATION and this film.

Harry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:18 pm 

Been waiting for this for years! Thank you Intrada!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:04 pm 

After years of waiting... Yes!!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:47 pm 

I have been waiting for this one ever since I heard the theme on SCREEN THEMES!
Thanks again, Intrada!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:05 am 

At last ! Thank you so much for this masterpiece. ORDERED !!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:19 am 

I have heard an excerpt on one of John Scott's compilations so I pounced immediately. I didn't bother to listen to the samples, I know that Doug will make it sound amazing so I'll just wait until I get the score to listen to it. In general I tend to think Scott's scores play best all the way through and the description of the structure of the score makes me interested to hear it (relatively) "cold," so to speak.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next