[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - What is your most VALUABLE soundtrack?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: What is your most VALUABLE soundtrack?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:43 pm 

Just curious....

The most 'valuable' soundtrack I own is not the most expensive in my collection.

It is a genuinely mint, factory sealed vinyl copy of Dawn of The Dead (1978). It was by far the hardest LP I've ever tried to find. Took over 3 years of constant, daily searching (Discogs, recordsale.de, ebay, MusicStack etc etc). I actually bought a couple of copies which were sealed but in poor cosmetic condition - they were cut outs. Eventually I found a seller in Alaska. He had it stored in some kind of out building which was under snow. I had to wait a couple weeks before he could ship it out to me. Cool indeed :lol:

So how about it guys. Do you have something cheap and cheerful but means alot to you...or is it something genuinely $$$$$

Jago

eBay >> http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/digitalscreams

Post subject: Re: What is your most VALUABLE soundtrack?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:02 pm 

It`s hard to say but it might be Stargate: Ark of Truth, Stargate: Continuum and Witchblade since all these three was sent to me (for free) by none other than Joel Goldsmith himself. Joel Goldsmith is the only (non-Swedish) composer who have actually sent me soundtracks. Besides Joel only two other have done the same and those two are Swedish composers Adam Nordén and Jean-Paul Wall (who I have met on several occasions). So I guess those might be considered valuable.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:42 pm 

The one most valued i.m.o is the CD I play the most...Don´t care if it cost me a buck or $150 as it is the music that counts...
Of all my CDs I treasure the most and values the most, is Intradas Rocky 4 & Fright Night and LLLR Friday the 13th

And to Tobe Swede, I agree that something sent to you by a composer means alittle extra...
I got Halloween and Dawn of the Dead sent by Tyler Bates, Sunshine, 28 weeks later & Miami Vice from John Murphy and Wanted Dead or Alive and Child´s Play sent along time ago from Joe Renzetti to name a few...

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:09 am 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:40 am 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:15 pm 

My most valuable soundtrack might be the Super Audio CD of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial. It was a very limited run in 2002 and its now very hard to find for a decent price (It's now sold for hundreds of bucks everywhere). And the sound is absolutely breathtaking...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:00 pm 

Many vinyl recordings I've purchased years ago have insane internet "monetary value". One that comes to mind is a non film score recording, A Fireside Chat With Lucifer - Sun Ra with a silkscreen cover, sells for several hundred dollars online. Almost sold it to some guy in Austria a few years ago out of financial necessity. He was pushy about it and wanted me to ship it before I had the money in hand. I changed my mind about selling it, he became pissed, I told him to screw himself, he said he would have paid me much more than the 300 dollars it was to be sold for. Glad I didn't sell it. One of my favorites regardless of value.

Did sell a few of my LP's for several bills a pop. Each time it was like cutting out a piece of my own heart and sending in to some fuckin' cannibal. Sold a few of my 16mm films, backed out on a couple of those deals too and pissed some people off, too bad.

My 16mm original kodak print of Bride Of Frankenstein goes to the grave with me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:16 pm 

If you're talking CDS, then I would have to say that my most valuable is Vibes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:52 pm 
In terms of perceived market value in combination with quality of the score, I would say it is the Bacchus release of Lethal Weapon, the Apollo 13 promo or King Kong Lives. But, I got the latter two via trade and would never sell or trade them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:28 am 

It is probably this one here (edit: in dollars) since I do have one of the 500 numbered ones.

Produced by Intrada Records' Douglass Fake on behalf of the SPFM (now the FMS) as a Limited Edition of 500, the CDs had been numbered and offered as gifts to attendees at the organization's March 5, 1993 Career Achievement Award dinner honoring Goldsmith.

Holy Grails: PSYIII/ESC TO ATHENA/M'RAKER/WILD GEESE II/NIGHTGEN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:25 am 

I'm a bit of a newby to soundtrack collecting so I don't have an incredible amount of really valuable CDs. I had a "Transformers: The Movie" soundtrack LP that I sold on eBay for $65. I guess after that, I have John Williams' "Dracula" score from Varese. Hard to say because soundtrack values can go from $80 to $20 overnight with the release of a re-issue. I have done my research though to get an idea of what soundtracks you need to grab the day they go on sale. As a result I picked up the Friday the 13th Box set, Die Hard from LLLR and Commando (which is down to about $16 in value right now, but I'm sure it'll rebound when all the copies are sold out.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:13 am 

ARGH! Toughie. I have so many valuable soundtracks, to me at least, that are. I have the b**t LP of Islands in the Stream/Peter Proud. But that was available all over the place. In my eyes, editions and copies are of no interest to me. That I own a copy in any form of a great score is enough. But if you'd like to know what scores are dear to me to the point of being personally valuable in regards to recent releases:
The DeeP
COMA
Family Plot
Ben - Hur
A L I E N
Blow Out

I could go on but these are the grails that I waited for and searched far and wide for, and finally they are here. More are coming too!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:39 pm 

How are we defining "value" here? How much the re-sale market price is? How much eBay is fetching for it?
How much other collectors are paying for it? How much I paid for it? How much I think it's worth?

Too many factors.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:11 am 

Most valuable soundtrack:

Actually:
- Herrmann - Box
- Rozsa - Box
- Bernstein - Box

Older releases:
- Herrmann concert suites (MFM)
- Obsession (MFM)

Many VCL and Intrada releases

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:09 pm 

As far as personal value goes I'll mention my LP of In Like Flint (Jerry Goldsmith) world premier pressing. I've been able to locate only one other cover scan (online or otherwise) of this particular recording. Added appeal to me is the fact the world premier, held in San Juan Puerto Rico took place on March 4th 1967 (As stated on the front jacket), which is my birthday.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next