Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: UNCUT INTERVIEW: Laurence Rosenthal speaks!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:37 pm 

I know there are a lot of Rosenthal fans here who don't necessarily keep up with the Film Score Monthly message board, so I'm taking the liberty of cross-posting this.

For FSM's recent double-feature release of THE COMEDIANS & HOTEL PARADISO (still available, as of this post), I conducted an extensive interview with the great Laurence Rosenthal. Extracts from our conversation appear in my printed liner notes, but the uncut interview contains a wealth of additional detail -- on these and other Peter Glenville collaborations, such as RASHOMON, MAN OF LA MANCHA, and A PATRIOT FOR ME.

The interview is now up in its entirety on the FSM webpage, free for all to read and enjoy:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/notes/r ... rview.html

Thanks to Laurence Rosenthal for his kind permission to post this. He is a man of robust good-humor and keen intelligence, and I hope that in reading his words, you are able to get a sense of the personality behind so much incredible music.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]