[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's FIRST BLOOD

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's FIRST BLOOD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:00 pm 

Announces:

FIRST BLOOD
Composed and Conducted by JERRY GOLDSMITH
INTRADA MAF 7111

In honor of Intrada's 25th Anniversary, Intrada revisits an important score, not only as part of composer Jerry Goldsmith's large body of work, but also as part of Intrada's formative years. First Blood initially appeared on the inaugural release of the Film Music Treasury series, an early version of the Special Collection. In assembling the master tapes for the initial release of First Blood, Goldsmith and engineer Len Engel re-sequenced the original Regency album and located one extra track not previously released (“No Power”). Intrada worked from the ¼” two-track mixes made in 1982 for the LP, preparing the best possible new album. However, the ¼” masters were plagued with an interesting anomaly: though identified with the widely-used professional Dolby A encoding process, they did not possess unique tones identifying the Dolby encoding and allowing for calibration of playback machines… in short, they weren’t encoded. Original engineers reduced the inherent background hiss using equalization techniques, and attempts to rectify these anomalies were less than satisfactory.

After years of searching, Intrada finally located the multi-track session masters—complete and intact -- every channel, every reel, every take. For the first time, all of those interesting little bars Goldsmith deleted to create his initial record could be restored within the full-length cues just as they were originally written and recorded. A brand new presentation of First Blood would finally be possible, unfolding to audiences in the proper picture sequence, uncut and intact…with newly mixed and re-mastered sound.

Wanting to respect Goldsmith’s original album program and having all his assembly notes, Intrada has also recreated Goldsmith's carefully thought out LP program. Additional new material featured on this release: a pop-instrumental version of the "It's a Long Road Theme," an early demo of the same theme, the Carolco logo that Goldsmith composed using the same Rambo theme, and an early trailer for Rambo II composed shortly after First Blood but well before he started his scoring work on the sequel.

This definitive release of First Blood is not limited and we hope you'll join us in celebrating Intrada's 25th anniversary with this new sound to an old friend and an important score both to Intrada's legacy and to Intrada's founder, Doug Fake.

INTRADA MAF 7111
Retail Price: $19.99
AVAILABLE NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6859/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's FIRST BLOOD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:08 pm 

Just plain AWESOME!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:10 pm 

And what a way to celebrate it.

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:10 pm 

I'm glad I held off buying the previous release. Ordered!!

And I just realized this was my first-ever correct guess!

P.S. Not to change the subject but are the Goldsmith sequel scores safe to buy? On the FSM forum, someone mentioned one track that was out of place but other than that, they were good presentations.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:13 pm 

Ordered!

Easily one of my all-time favorite 80's action scores - thanks a million Intrada Team!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:20 pm 

This is a CD i happily buy again as this is THE ACTION SCORE above all actionscores and Goldsmiths numero uno (along with Total Recall)
Thanks Intrada for celebrating 25 years and inviting us along for the ride...
This is the top of the cake :)

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:24 pm 

Incredible!!! Congratulations dear staff!! You're the perfect label!!!!.....Oh my god, The Carolco logo music has been in my dreams since i was a child!!!...and if i well remember appeared before the starting of RAMBO II. Always sure it was composed by the master, but i couldn't imagine to have it on cd a day!!! ...and the trailer!!!!yeeesss:)

Thank you and Bravi!!!

Riccardo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:26 pm 

Bravo! And another 25 years to come!

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:26 pm 

Ordered faster than a speedy bullet, in fact a few copies. :D

Thanks, Doug, Roger, Intrada

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:45 pm 

Thanks Intrada. A much loved grail indeed.

Just a question. On Goldsmiths original album there is about 38 secs of the Nam theme at the start of the cue Over the Cliff. In the film this was the opening of the Dan Hill vocal as Rambo is lead out of the Sheriff's office in handcuffs. Is this part of the cue Hide and Seek?
I ask because I noted that the song still remains at the original running time on disc 1.

Once again many thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:48 pm 

Thanks guys! You have my money on Rambo...ordered it together with Family Plot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:04 pm 

CONGRATULATION Intrada! A massive milestone for you and all of US! Thanks for everything, and especially Thank You for FIRST BLOOD!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:07 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:14 pm 

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:43 pm 

Congressional Medals Of Honor all round, for the guys at Intrada, for this release!!

Happy 25th!!,
have a drink on me, out of my 20 bucks!! :mrgreen:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next