[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Basil Poledouris' FLESH + BLOOD

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Basil Poledouris' FLESH + BLOOD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:59 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

FLESH + BLOOD
Composed and Conducted by BASIL POLEDOURIS
INTRADA Special Collection Volume 153

The 1985 film Flesh + Blood began Paul Verhoeven’s working relationship with composer Basil Poledouris, who would later collaborate on Robocop and Starship Troopers. Verhoeven had been impressed by Poledouris’s muscular, yet highly romantic, music for John Milius’s Conan the Barbarian, sensing a corollary between Conan’s quasi-medieval comic book style and the blend of medieval action, romance and mysticism in Flesh + Blood. Verhoeven asked for a score that was medieval in character but large-scale and orchestral to reinforce the film’s spirit of adventure—and he needed Poledouris to suggest Catholic mysticism. Poledouris saw the main characters as “land pirates” and brought a swashbuckling feeling to his music from the film’s opening credits, introducing a bold and adventurous theme, alternating from the piratical vibe Poledouris sought to the heavy, no-nonsense rhythms of war. To underscore the film’s love triangle, Poledouris wrote two extremely rich romantic melodies. The result is a score that is simply a treasure trove of orchestral color, period splendor and—ultimately—power.

While this is the third CD release of the score to Flesh + Blood, it is the first release to revisit the 24-track masters stored at MGM and create a brand new, crisp and clear mix. Previous releases were created from 1/4" masters featuring a mix with which the composer was never entirely satisfied and supplemented with additional music from suboptimal sources. Additionally, this is the first release to present the entire score in film order, revealing the rich and intricate masterpiece Poledouris provided.

Set at the beginning of the Sixteenth Century in Western Europe, Flesh + Blood chronicles the story a band of mercenaries led by Martin (Rutger Hauer) and his compatriot-in-arms Hawkwood (Jack Thompson), who are in the employ of a nobleman named Arnolfini (Fernando
Hilbeck). After employing them to rout the citizens of a besieged city, Arnolfini betrays the hired soldiers and abandons them without pay. Disbanded to the countryside, Martin and his band of men and women find vengeance by kidnapping the princess Agnes (Jennifer Jason Leigh), who is betrothed to Arnolfini’s son Steven (Tom Burlinson).

This release is limited to 2000 units.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 153
Retail Price: $19.99
AVAILABLE NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6864/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Basil Poledouris' FLESH + BLOOD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:06 pm 

Ordered

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:10 pm 
Thank you Roger and the folks @ Intrada for another epic Poledouris release. Please keep more Poledouris scores coming in 2011. :wink:

Oh by the way yeah I already ordered the CD. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:22 pm 

I'm sure you're going to hear somebody whine about this release, but while I had both the Varese and the Prometheus releases of this, I am still ordering it once again because it is a personal favorite, and I am eager to hear the new mix and mastering job. Bravo on making another Poledouris score shine!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:29 pm 

Sweet artwork presentations Joe!
You've truly outdone yourself!! :D

also... I'm so glad I passed on the Prometheus version. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:39 pm 

Fantastiic- ORDERED! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:40 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:59 pm 

Ordered!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:12 pm 

Definitely ordered! I will never pass on a Basil Poledouris score. I have never owned the Varese/Prometheus releases either; this is completely new to me.

At 2000 copies, I hope it will linger for a little while, at least...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:50 pm 

Thank you again to the gang at Intrada.

I don't mind buying this again, the sound clips sound great.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:38 am 

WOOOOAAAH!!! Great release! Hope to get it quickly!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:39 am 

:D :D :D

Fan-tas-tic release, I'm so happy about it !

Intrada rules !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:34 pm 

Any Chance of getting the option of both Covers ib 600x 600x? PLEASE!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:43 am 

I was hoping for MASADA, but FLESH+BLOOD is a good release too! :D ... I'm pretty sure MASADA will follow soon as well. :wink:

Your covers are veeeeeeery colorful! :lol:

My favourite is this one:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]