[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - La-La Land announces Star Trek The Motion Picture 3CD set!!!

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: La-La Land announces Star Trek The Motion Picture 3CD se
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:55 pm 

This release is beautifully done. Top notch all around.

I definately loved hearing the Blaster Beam given the front seat in Klingon Battle.

There's more noise (tape hiss) on this that the prior release, but the additional clarity and ambiance is stunning.

It's the release of the year for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:47 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:26 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:38 pm 

ST-TMP has never sounded this great, it is spectacular. On a good stereo system this recording will blow you away.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:05 am 

Another marvelous release from LLLR... And, another check mark off the Star Trek expansion list. :) Since getting this, it has not left my stereo system. Amazing sound quality. Superb music (of course we knew that). Tons of goodies. A huge booklet in regards to the release.

Thanks to Intrada, FSM, LLLR and GNP so far in regards to this ongoing series... a dream come true...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:47 pm 

I just can't get over this. The last time I was this bowled over by any soundtrack release was /see my avatar/.

It's too much to take in all at once. Right now, I just have "Floating Office" on repeat, which I now know was one of the few surviving cues from Jerry's original sessions. What an unsurpassed treasure this release is.

I especially loved this quote from Mr. Botnick from the notes: "Even at the time, I knew this was serious, modernist classical music being written. I still hear it and it makes me shiver."

I'm always curious what the performers and technical personnel think of this music that we all adore so much, at the time it's being recorded, before it becomes "iconic". It must have been so exhilarating to be the 3rd chair french horn, just out for a paying job on a scoring stage, and have the sheet music for "V'Ger Flyover" placed in front of you. How do you go home and answer the question, "What did you do at work today?" Oh snap, I'm the first person to perform a masterpiece of modern music, and for scale pay too!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:17 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:50 pm 

With regard to the film vs album mix on the LLL, do the album tracks sound a bit tame in comparison? This was a pretty quick impression before I go back and listen better. Different sources? Or just different takes? I don't recall this being addressed in the liner notes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:52 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:46 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:43 pm 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:44 pm 

I guess I'll be the one to say it.... she sounds like a tea-total BITCH to me! :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:57 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:53 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next