[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces John Scott's SHOOT TO KILL

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces John Scott's SHOOT TO KILL
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:57 am 

Blind buy for me but i've ordered. Only other Scott score i've heard is Man on Fire which i likes alot. Best go and listen to the preview clips now.

Thanks Intrada.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:47 am 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:04 pm 

Thats good news indeed Joe, the whole score will be popped onto my MP3 player once i get it so i can listen to it all day at work. :o
I'am supprissed UP is getting alot more love than Shoot To Kill, i would have thought with this being unreleased for over 20 years that people would be all over it alot more.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:08 am 

I've ordered this, as I'm a big fan of John Scott. Thanks, Intrada! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:04 pm 

I've purchased this on dvd as i've never seen the film and the score we have more impact on me if i can see it working in the context of the movie aswell as on its own.

Oh and mine shipped today. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:17 am 

Found this when i just got back from work waiting for me. Not had chance to open it yet.

And this arrvied yesterday:

Thanks for the work, Intrada, Doug, Roger.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:27 am 

Just received my copy after returning on home from work last night.
Well you can't really go wrong with John Scott. Does anyone long for a legit release of King Kong 2?

Thanks Intrada!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:32 pm 

Yeah I got both of those too :)

Great sounding CD as always with Intrada
The Frontcover was abit sloopy i.m.o but the music makes up for it in spades and that´s what counts
I saw the movie a couple of weeks back but can´t for the life of me remember when the Roller Rink Source No.2 is in the movie...
I love those powerthemes in Climbing trek, The Storm and Mr. Bear and must say that along with 48hrs, this is this years finest from Intrada...

Thanx again friends :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:48 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:12 am 

Watched most of Shoot To Kill last night, i can appreciate the score alot better now i've seen it against the scenes it was written for.

Really like the main theme motif and the blasts of Sax. I love those 80s electronic drum beats woven into the score and the few pieces of sinth.
Cracking score really i can see why people have wanted it for so long now, have been listening to it all day at work. Love the track called "Blazing Saddle"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:50 pm 

It's been about a year since this came out, right? I'm listening to it again right now and WOW what fantastic music! Probably one of my all time favorite Intrada releases - and with a catalogue like theirs, that's saying something. About me, if nothing else. Any more John Scott they decide to put out would be just fine with me. I'm not sure how many Big Blockbusters of his are obtainable, but if they decided to throw some cash down a well, I wouldn't mind a CD of "England Made Me" one little bit. :D

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:09 am 
This is a top-notch, one-of-a-kind score throughout. Amazing sax performances that perfectly convey the film's sense of intrigue, synth integration that I'm sure made Jerry Goldsmith proud, highly propulsive rhythms that really amp up the action... this score's got a lot going for it.

The fact that it was mixed to perfection and sounds extremely dynamic certainly helps.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2