[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Conan The Barbarian (2 CD) Complete!

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Conan The Barbarian (2 CD) Complete!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:03 pm 

Justin's being a douche. Plain and simple.

Stoked for this!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:07 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:20 pm 

The samples at SAE are awesome! Seriously,anyone who passes this up because "re-recordings suck" is just being dumb.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:57 pm 

Is this limited? I can't seem to find a reference to it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:51 am 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:42 am 

Any incarnation of these beloved score deserve to be praised. I have no words to express my gratitude to James Fitzpatrick and everybody at Tadlow Records.

Thank you so much! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:05 am 

Poledouris' Conan is such a beautiful music that I am going to buy any recording, re-recording, reissue, re-reissue, complete or uncomplete, expanded or not-expanded, played by an accordion orchestra or sung by a Bulgarian Women's Choir, CD, 45s 33s or 78s vinyl release. Period.

My full appreciation to Tadlow and Prometheus outstanding initiative.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:36 am 

I'm not big on the cover art myself. Personally, I think the artwork used on the extended edition DVD would have been perfect. But I am happy to see this released. I was going to hold off for a week or two, but I broke down and ordered it anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:56 am 

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:07 pm 

For myself, I'm thrilled that CONAN has been re-recorded. I have all the scores Fitzpatrick has done so far and all of them hold up exceptionally well against the originals. Some are clearly superior to the OST both technically and artistically, so picking up this one is a no-brainer. I'm looking forward to hearing a new performance of the score especially with the orchestration enhancements/restorations that have been done. A question I have is this: Basil did some arranging of the score for a suite performed in Europe and I wonder if the changes he wrote into the suite have been carried over into the full score, or does the suite reflect what he wanted to do in the first place. In any case, I'm very happy about this.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:26 am 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:53 pm 
Looking soooo forward to listening to this score in all of it's Poledouris glory. :D I hope this trend continues w/more Poledouris scores in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:14 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
This one's a sure order for me; wow, complete CONAN re-recording... who would have thought. The clips are amazing, and Poledouris own recording wasn't the best to begin with. I'm really looking forward to this baby. Excellent and cheers from me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:05 pm 

I've bought and will buy every work of Tadlow-Prometheus and Tribute Film Classics even a re-recording, because I like quality music. Also in this way try to help them to continue to develop projects as good as before. I appreciate the dedication, risk, and the excellent results of their work to each of choir people, all the musicians and other people involved.
Conan it's soooooo great. Thank you soooooo much. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:32 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next