[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Terry Plumeri's MR. ATLAS

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Terry Plumeri's MR. ATLAS
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:15 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

MR. ATLAS
Composed and Conducted by Terry Plumeri
INTRADA Signature Edition ISE 1040

The 1997 film Mr. Atlas is the story of young Danny Nielsen (T.J. Lowther), still broken from the untimely death of his parents, who goes for a bike ride in the hills one day and unwittingly falls into a magical cave. Unable to find his way out, he begins to cry. When Danny’s tears touch the wall of the cave, an ancient curse is broken—a curse which has imprisoned the Greek Titan Atlas (Diederik van Nederveen) in stone for 2000 years. After an earth-shattering entrance, Atlas pledges his absolute devotion to Danny and the two become inseparable friends.

Mr. Atlas provided a broad range of character elements with which composer Terry Plumeri could work. In addition to the world of a young boy, there was fantasy, acts of the superhero, friendship, love, tongue-in-cheek comedy, deviousness and serious drama -- which almost ends in tragedy. The simplistic world of the child asked for a less-sophisticated harmonic and melodic vocabulary, whereas the super-heroic acts of Atlas required a more majestic orchestration, as well as a vocabulary which conveyed an increase in harmonic and melodic intensity. The dynamic music was thrillingly performed by the Moscow Philharmonic.

This Intrada Signature Edition is limited to 1000 units.

INTRADA Signature Editions ISE 1040
Retail Price: $19.99
SHIPS 6/8/2010
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6638/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Terry Plumeri's MR. ATLAS
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:22 pm 

Never seen the movie or heard the music before , but the soundclip intrigued me alot and this is my first blindbuy :)
It will be an exciting listening experience for sure...

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:24 pm 

Never heard of the movie/score neither, but it sounds so gooood, I can't let go such a discovery. Blind buy too, but not deaf buy ! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:27 pm 

Ordered!

The sound samples shared earlier were a real delight. I know I'll enjoy this one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:28 pm 

I was impressed with Scarecrows so I will be picking this up. Too bad I'm broke until Thursday. I will be grabbing Cloak and Dagger as well, hope both are still available on Thursday.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:35 pm 

I don't know what to say.
Those Intrada Signature Edition's just keep on impressing me.

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:21 pm 

Blind buy on my side, too!
How I love those unheard exciting scores (SCARECROWS was a hit for me!)

Merci beaucoup, Hamsters! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:28 pm 

When I took a chance on Scarecrows I was pleased with it but after hearing these samples this just sounds like a great little gem that hardly a soul knows about. Haters be damned, music this good simply cannot remain unreleased. I really cannot wait to get the CD in the mail and discover this music. Intrada has not only done a great service to the composer, but also to us for bringing this music to light. So often we think about what else could possibly be out there that we are unaware of. I hope there are more like Mr. Atlas. Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:42 pm 

I'm not familiar with the movie or the composer, but those audio clips are fantastic. I went ahead and ordered this and look forward to potentially discovering a new composer!

-Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:30 pm 

Since I heard the first audio clip knew I had to buy this cd, I ignored the existence of the film but now thanks to Intrada can keep your music

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:10 pm 

Great job on the artwork, by the way. This could have been really cheesy, but ended up looking very tasteful. Kudos to Joe....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:51 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:40 pm 

Received this in the mail today. As I wrote at the FSM boards, if anyone is on the fence about this score do not be. I cannot believe that a score this great has gone criminally unnoticed for this long. Thank you Intrada for this one. There is something so rewarding about discovering hidden gems. I am absolutely thankful I ordered this and I am sure others will say the same. This is great music.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:15 pm 

From the samples I have heard this appears to be an excellent score. I'm somewhat surprised there is not more interest in this release?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:32 am 

Another great score by Mr. Plumeri!! This was a blind bye, never heard
of the movie! But, I did buy Scarecrows and this is as good or better!

Can anyone tell me if the movie is any good?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next