[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The End Of FSM

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The End Of FSM
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:54 am 

To quote a Goldsmith cue title - 'A Sad Day'......

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/daily/a ... o-250-CDs/

As always LK shoots from the hip, tells it like it is. The label will be missed, so many amazing titles, both
known and unknown, and happily discovered. I'm hard pressed to think of any 'turkeys' I've ever tried
from FSM, and think they set the bar for deluxe film score presentation.

Post subject: Re: The End Of FSM
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:59 am 

I'm sure Lucas will be involved in many more fine productions in the future.

And by the way, I have a copy of Wait Until Dark, it's one of my favorites!

Good luck in all future projects, Lucas.

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:02 am 
That's a shame.

I admit that I'm one of many collectors who buys the bulk of his or her scores from the 80s era. I do buy some silver and golden age titles every now and then, but there is only so much money to spend when a lot of good 80s releases have been coming our way.

At least Lukas will be producing some future titles with other labels. I assume he was crucial in making LLL's release of The Golden Child what it is, and for that I could not be any more thankful.

Anyway, I couldn't imagine a better title to close out the FSM label than Gremlins. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:24 am 

I have to add that, I was really sad when the monthly 'club' ended due to misuse by
certain people - this is when FSM automatically sent Silver, Golden, or both titles if
you signed up each month. I mined tons of great titles from this that I normally wouldn't
have bothered with - go figure.
Always loved the golden age stuff, and really discovered some new faves (Al Newman! Broni Kaper!!)
that way.

Wish someone else would try this, maybe we could all behave next time, people???

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:08 pm 

I was also a member of the FSM Charter club and always looked forward to two new releases every month. I was sad when it went away. I'm sad that FSM as a label will no longer be producing discs but very happy that Lukas will not be leaving the business completely. I'm sure wherever he lends his inestimable talents we can all be assured that the end result will be a product with thought and care behind it.

Cheers!
Harry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:47 pm 

With the sad announcement that FSM is to close it's doors, the chances of seeing a release of The Amazing Mr Blunden have been diminished somewhat.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:53 pm 

If anyone has neglected to grab a copy of White Dog you're missing out on one of the finest and most mezmerizing of all Morricone scores. It has a strange, hypnotic quality about it. The notes gives the option of reproducing the unreleased LP program.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:57 pm 

Agreed, all the EM's, FSM did a bangin' job on.

White Dog is definately a highlight, moody and hypnotic perfectly sums it up.

That whole package is textbook work from the boys, surprised any of those EM
title's are still around......

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:40 am 

I wonder if there was anything we could have done. I, for example, have a storage building, and if he had some stock shipped to me, I could have housed it -- eased up on space, and shipped if re-embursed.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:22 am 
I'm sure the only thing we could have done was buy a lot more FSM albums in order to justify the apparently arduous work that goes into them.

I would not be surprised if sales of existing FSM albums are a lot better from here on out. Sometimes you don't know how special something is until it's about to be gone. I know that there are quite a few FSM releases that I'm suddenly interested in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:00 pm 

I couldn't do it; after I discovered FSM, I've been in and out of employment, housed and homeless, and always not making enough to get by.

Right now, for example, if my car fails, I have no money to fix it. I super glu my shoes together 'cause I can't buy new ones. All my cloths are faded, but that doesn't bother me -- none of it does. The day I have to give up the beautiful music, that will be the day. And since I won't be able to carry it around and thus not be able to offer it for sale until it's gone, it'll ALL have to go into a dumpster. Sad, but reality.

Some of us can't support FSM, or any label.

The American economy create new new jobs last month, more companies (like Bank of america) have announced lay offs. The previous quarter there was only about 0.4% job growth. Before that, lower. America needs to create 250,000+ jobs to eventually ghet back to where it was. But in the meantime we have no immigrants, illegal immigrants, people becoming of work age -- they all want jobs. Doesn't take a genius to see that's not going to happen. In fact, at this point we'd probably need about double 250,000 to stabilize the economy. And so, all the labels can, and must go under -- it's only a matter of time.

And I HATE IT.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:11 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:22 pm 

Sad here as well. I treasure what all the labels have to offer. I started with FSM and Intrada. I have most of FSM's releases from the first 5-6 years and sporadic titles elsewhere, most of the boxes. A quick scan last night showed working backwards from today at least 70 regular titles I still need to pick up including the Ron Jones Box. If gas prices can go below $3.00 I can increase my purchases by 2-3 a month easily....:)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:24 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:40 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next