[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - LIMITED EDITIONS Update

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: LIMITED EDITIONS Update
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:43 am 

I agree with the poster a little above. If something says it is limited to the specific number, it should stay that way. If you want to change the limited editions model, no problem with that, but you should start with the next release in line.
I am glad I won't have to hurry with buying any new releases and that Intrada gets more sale on some of those, but it will probably hurt sales of some other titles that had barely sold 1000 copies in the past because anyone who might had considered buying it, had to act quickly just in case it will disappear fast and more people ordered some of those Golden age goodies as soon as possible because they were limited to very low number of copies and could sell out too quickly. With the model where these releases are no longer limited to a number that forces potentional buyers to act quickly, it will just fall off the radar for many potentional buyers and will probably move hardly a few hundred copies only.
We'll see... I am very curious how this will affect sales of most of the titles.

Last edited by Lokutus on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:46 am 

@Maleficio,

Maybe, but look at how fast the first 3,000 Black Hole discs flew off the shelves - and that wasn't ever advertised as limited. I think much desired scores will move fast enough, generally speaking.

Cheers

Last edited by steve woolston on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Explorers Limited Edition false advertising
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:47 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:51 am 

I'm ready for experiment!
Let's start it with another Barry title? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:52 am 

Sure there are exceptions. I also don't get why The Black hole wasn't limited and Explorers which has been equally request and is imho far better score is limited to 3000 copies only while it didn't have to. Anything requested this much should have been either 5000 copies or even 10 000 copies. It was far too obvious thise one will disappear VERY quickly with such a low number of copies available.

There is a couple of grails that will move several thousand of copies, but there is hardly that many of them.
Back to the Future, Conan the Barbarian (re-recording), The Black Hole, Commando and now Explorers have all moved pretty nice number of copies very quickly, but while those few releases will bring a bit more money, much more may be lost on the other releases that will sell much slower than they used to and barely sold out their "very low" number of copies after several months or years.

Last edited by Lokutus on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Explorers Limited Edition false advertising
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:53 am 

Last edited by steve woolston on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:55 am 

now THAT'S what we want to hear! :D

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:56 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:00 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:35 pm 

I approve of this development. Music for everybody, for those who want it.

I suppose that means I have to hurry up on my decision to order more copies of Prison, however. Love that score, I just haven't had an opportunity to spin my own CD yet. I'd certainly like to pick up another copy or two for offline friends, however.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:44 pm 

I like this decision as well. I also like that Roger says they will let us know ahead of time which CDs will be going out of print. I guess we will start to see just how many people REALLY want a certain CD over those who just want to make a quick buck on Ebay.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:09 pm 

The only ones who would hate this don't actually like music.
Screw them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:18 pm 

As another music lover who sincerely just wants to enjoy these great scores, and hopefully give some monetary reward to all the musicians, technicians and other players who make up the many teams that contribute to the end product, I am very pleased to hear that Intrada is moving to the new model. It has always made me feel sad when so much hard work is poured into bringing these scores to the light of day, and then some of the fans who most appreciate the effort and the music end up going without.

Long live the music, and many thanks to Intrada for adapting and staying on top of things.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:01 pm 

Seems a long time in coming and makes perfect sense. Though I don't like CD-Rs, personally, the Amazon concept (also the Arkivmusic concept), I have oft wondered why a 'subscription' or 'pre-order' model or whatever wouldn't be the way to go. Then you'd have a much better idea of what to order from the manufacturing plant.

But either way, I'm good with it. Nobody wants to overpay for these things, and Intrada has been missing out on revenue from popular titles and eating the rest, while the speculators seem to be the only ones really gaining anything here.

Also, thanks for all the great recent releases!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:12 pm 

Indeed on demand production or more preferably Flac/Apple Lossless downloads but that nukes the limited edition aspect I guess in regards of fees. (I'm very curious about Mark Ishams sales since moving to being able to buy sepecial limited CDs, more regular CDs or digital editions.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next