Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Craig Safan's REMO WILLIAMS
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:12 am 

I missed the original, so I am glad I got in on this before it disappeared! Thanks Intrada for making it available again...even if it was only for a brief time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:19 pm 

Ordered & shipped :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:28 pm 

So nice to have a good Remo! Always been one of my favorites!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:55 am 

I love Fred Ward movies. Tremors is very, very funny my favorite :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:26 pm 

I enjoyed listening to this last night :D

I've always liked the theme tune (the orchestral part of it, sounds rather Elmer Bernstein-like)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:15 pm 
I am very happy with the audio quality. As usual with Intrada's commendable mastering sense, dynamic range has been well preserved.

Thanks again for making this available to people like me who didn't get a chance to own a prior version. For me, 2011 has been one of the greatest years for 80s score releases, all highlighted by Remo, Link, 48 Hrs., Clue and The Golden Child.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:41 am 

I'm listening to it right now. Funnily, I tried to apply a virtual surrounding effect on the receiver and it works SO beautifully that you would almost think it's been conceived for the surround sound ! You have the korean solo instruments on the center channel (sometimes on the rear like the pinched violin at the beginning of Obstacle Course), the traditional percussions and the rythmic synthetic effects coming from the rear channels and even sometimes dialoguing from the front to the rears (like in Rooftop Running, great effect !) the pop sounds on the center, and naturally the orchestra on the front right and left taking the overall advantage. This just demonstrates how precise is the Dennis Sands mix of the different layers added to the score (orchestra, korean musicians, synthesizers), according to the tech talk section of the CD, always the best part of the liner notes by the way, thanks to Doug's precious technical details.

If you can, just try the surround experience on this score (I used the DTS Neo 6 cinematic filter on my receiver), it's been rarely so effective (probably thanks to the very discrete stereo mix with all those layers added) ! It's a constant dialogue between the synthesizers, the korean instruments, the percussions, supported by the grand orchestra. It's really a BIG musical experience in every cue ! Craig Safan was a master at mixing all those sounds and creating a rich, eclectic and still cohesive symphony. I'm just thrilled Intrada made this fantastic 80's score and recording (I guess Dennis Sands is a big reason why the mix is so effective) shine so much on a simple CD ! Bravo !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:20 am 

Bought this one based on the samples and listening to it right now. Great 80's score, I can hear some of the synth sounds he'd later use for Dream Master. More of these awesome scores please 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2