[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - MAD MAX

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: A little more THUNDERDOME
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:50 am 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

Post subject: Re: A little more THUNDERDOME
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:59 pm 

Post subject: Re: MAD MAX
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:13 am 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:23 pm 

The third score is tolerable in small doses, but I can't stand the first two. Too harsh and gritty for me. The only exception is the slightly melancholic theme underlining the sadness of the apocalypse in no. 2. However, they work wonderfully in their respective movies, and ultimately that's what it comes down to.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:45 pm 

I feel like this title has been available to pre-order forever. Any idea when it might come available. Some say May, others say June.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:42 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:54 pm 

The first two Max films I liked. The 1st is the best, the 2nd is okay but doesn't stand up to multiple viewings although it does have its moments. The opening of Road Warrier is definitely influenced by Saul Bass and The Victors. I notice a bit of Swiss Family Robinson in a couple of scenes too. The Brian May scores are intense. Really like what I've heard from that guy. The 3rd, Beyond Thunderdome I can't watch. Saw it on the big screen when it was originally released and felt like a fool for being there. It's almost like a parody of Road Warrior. Too commercialized and obvious. The big surprise in that film is when the cage fighter gets his hood knocked off and he's shown to have Downs Syndrome. You think mainstream film producers would allow a cheap, funny shot like that these days? I personally thought it was the best scene in the film. Noticed a bit of One Million B.C. in the rescue of Max by the desert people scene. I guess Maurice Jarre did a good job with what he had to work with although it was Brian May's baby.

I expect the 4th installment to be really friggin' bad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:07 am 

With all the attention and praise given Mad Max and The Road Warrior scores, I've never read any reviews crediting Gustav Holst's The Planets as Brian May's inspiration for The Road Warrior.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:30 am 

I really enjoyed the 3rd film as it took the tale of Max into a totally different direction that we hadn't seen yet. It was obvious that more hands were in the pot to get the film made. The commercialization aspect aside it was still an exciting action flick with it's own sense of style apart from everything else that came out in theaters that year. I was working in a theater at the time of it's release and for 5 weeks... (imagine any movie lasting that long nowadays) I watched it a number of times and I never got tired of it.

Regarding the 4th film, yeah I don't have a good feeling about it. They're blowing a great opportunity to show Max years later (still using Mel Gibson) and telling a more compelling story. Picking up right after where Thunderdome left off is NOT (IMHO) the right direction to go especially for all of the "Max" devotees in the world..... but from a "commercial" standpoint, I can see the execs in the boardroom debating this topic and coming to conclusion that their current target demographic now weren't even born when Beyond Thunderdome came out so they will have NO idea what's going on. All they want are explosions, explosions, and nada mas!

Ok so my commentary didn't shed any new light but I just wanted to get my 2 cents in. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2