[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Two Conans

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Two Conans
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:32 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:33 pm 

Yet, Roger didn't say when they are going to released or if they will be 2 cd sets ? & most important.......How many COPIES they will be or if they are MAF's?????????????

Roger is still sneaky!!! But.. U gotta love him for it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:48 pm 

Conan the Barbarian is a sure-fire 5K edition, unless of course it gets the MAF treatment. As for Destroyer I'd say 3K copies is about right. It is OOP and goes for ridiculous amounts on the secondary market. This release will be complete and should sound infinitly better so it will likely sell out fast.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:49 pm 

Good to know a new release is on the way. Good Basil for sure. The last release was lacking.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:08 pm 

As far as when...
It shouldn't be too far off since that new CONAN film should hit theaters soon.
Meaning that an interest in CONAN material may peak at that time, including DVD reissues.
So, the CONANs could also be MAF titles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:42 pm 

A last, Crom heard our prayers.
I 've already got the Tadlow version (pretty good by the way) but I'll get this without second thoughts.
By the way, is the performance of the orchestra for Conan the Destroyer as terrible as they say?
I hated the movie but I only remember that the sound wasn't that good...

Last edited by Liquid on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:20 am 

[/quote]Thank goodness I didn't get that Tadlow release. Now this something special to look forward to. :D[/quote]

You know, the Tadlow release is very good! Excellent in fact and worth getting.

But to say Intrada have made my year is a HUGE understatement - first it was vol 1 of Galactica (when are we getting vol 2?!! :D ) and a whole host of other titles I really wanted and now we get the biggest score news of 2011 - both Conan scores - incredible.

This, coupled with the Disney announcement must make 2011 a really special year for you guys - and for us all.

Thanks Intrada! :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:25 am 

OH
MY
GOD

NOW I CAN DIE HAPPY!!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:10 am 

This is fantastic news! I can't express how happy I am to finally be getting all of Poledouris' Conan music; Conan the Destroyer has some arresting sequences that didn't make the original album, which only ran a hair over thirty minutes.

These releases will sit proudly on my shelves next to the Tadlow recordings. Their Conan the Barbarian is a fantastic companion piece to the original recording. This is a great moment to be a Poledouris fan!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:12 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:14 am 

This is fantastic news and I will be more than happy to buy both Intrada's releases as well as Tadlow's recording of Detroyer.

And I agree with Roger's comments above.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:30 am 

Congratulations Intrada for rescueing another "thought to be lost" score.

...you guys did'nt happen to find the lost tapes for Revenge Of The Ninja while you were digging? :mrgreen:

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:13 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:21 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:16 am 

OK, THIS is numero 1!!! The best ever score made to a motionpicture ever (Highlander comes second)
I have three official CDs (and even the Basil live DVD) of this but I say this is a score I happily buy again (ofcourse I´m talking about Conan the Barbarian)
This is as bombastic as it can get and I can easily say that Intrada is number 1 this year again as noone can top this news and remember...there can be only one :) (oops wrong movie, by Crom :roll: )

INTRADA..crush your enemies and see them driven before you :mrgreen:

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next