[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Craig Safan's REMO WILLIAMS

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Craig Safan's REMO WILLIAMS
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:29 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

REMO WILLIAMS: THE ADVENTURE BEGINS
Composed and Conducted by CRAIG SAFAN

INTRADA Special Collection Volume 177

The 1985 film Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins gave composer Craig Safan the opportunity to follow his rousing symphonic score for The Last Starfighter (1984) with an equally rousing—and equally distinct— orchestral score. Safan created a textually complex series of themes interwoven between a traditional 65-piece orchestra and a small Korean ensemble playing folk tunes orchestrated for the Korean, Chuin. To create music for this action/adventure tale of Remo Williams, a New York City cop-turned-top secret crime fighter trained in the arts of stealth and combat by Korean master Chiun, Craig Safan actually wrote three separate layers of material into his Remo score, starting with a large orchestra, adding an abundance of then state-of-the-art synthesizer material, notably using the Synclavier, and placing at the center an ensemble of authentic Korean musicians.

Craig Safan retained his own ¼” 15 i.p.s. transfer of the composite two-track stereo mixes and later converted them to DAT. Interestingly, the actual ¼” two-track mixes were made with the orchestra channels inadvertently reversed, and the DAT copies retained this error. Reversed channels notwithstanding, these two-track mixes survived the years in perfect condition. For this new release, Intrada has corrected this problem and while the crisp, dynamic sound quality is the same as the previous release, violins finally come from the left channel, and cellos come from the right, just the way they were intended.

The film starred Fred Ward (The Right Stuff) as Remo and Academy-Award winner Joel Grey (Cabaret) as Chuin. Remo was a New Jersey police officer, “killed,” reborn and trained as an assassin working for CURE, a secret government agency. The story tells of military contractors charging the government billions of dollars in cost overruns and failures of the Strategic Defense Initiative The film presents Charles Cioffi (Gray Lady Down) as George Grove, the urbane but morally corrupt industrial-protecist under investigation by Major Rayne Fleming (Kate Mulgrew). The Army major first discovers the cover up of a soldier killed during military exercises with a defective weapon; later, she teams up with Remo to bring the arms merchant to justice.

This release is limited to 1000 units.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 177
Retail Price: $19.99
AVAILABLE NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7217/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Craig Safan's REMO WILLIAMS
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:37 pm 

Very nice! I've ordered this. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:51 pm 

I have not seen this movie since we rented it back when it made it's way on to video. Needless to say I couldn't remember a single note of the score. Thanks for reminding me Intrada...outstanding!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:52 pm 

Ordered! I can't thank you enough Intada Team for making this available for those of that missed on the original and now OOP release

Cover is a MAJOR improvement as well - job well done!

Last edited by JohnnyUtah on Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:53 pm 

ordered!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:11 pm 

Ordered - So pleased to be able to order this, I missed out last time and I get the benefit of fix audio channels; excellent :)

Thanks Intrada!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:56 pm 
Thank you very much for Remo. This will make a wonderful pairing with LLL's The Golden Child for 80s excellence. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:25 pm 

What about the sound quality? Does this release sound better and crisp than the "too low frequences" Perseverance edition? Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:23 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:52 am 

I'd most definitely be up for this same re-issue treatment made for
THE LAST STARFIGHTER
with the complete score followed by extras like the album edited cues and the songs that Craig Safan wrote for the film.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:50 pm 

LESS THAN 200 COPIES REMAINING!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:46 pm 

Sold out!

Remo Williams: The Ebay Adventure Begins... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:00 pm 

The writing was on the wall the minute this was announced. SAE still has copies (limit of 1 per customer) for those who may have missed out here

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:44 pm 

Got my copy with MONEYCHANGERS... cannot wait for them to arrive... :) Thanks again Intrada... :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:50 pm 

I already own the Perseverance, but I bought this anyway. Got in just under the wire at SAE yesterday.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next