[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Hey! What's that yer listenin' to?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey! What's that yer listenin' to?
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:14 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:31 pm 

Haven't been able to listen to that much... but...

A.D. Anno Domini

Lalo Schifrin

and

Merlin

Trevor Jones

In a mini-series type of mood...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:58 pm 

Hans Zimmer's Pearl Harbor. For some reason, I quite like it.

At least Doug F. is on my side. He wrote the following exactly 10 years ago: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=64

CK

PS: 10 years!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:53 pm 

[Posted the bigger version of the cover because I think it's just great ...]

Ron Goodwin - THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES (...) [1965]

I finally got to listening to this one. Wow, what a pleasure this score is. FANTASTIC! (As is the sound.) A treat ...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:02 am 

Ennio Morricone - MARCO POLO (1982) | Put the 2nd CD in first since I slightly prefer that one.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:40 pm 

Stanlio E Ollio "Due Teste Senza Cervello" (Two Minds Without A Single Thought) - Piero Montanari

This recording is interesting as hell. Scores composed in the mid 1980's for silent Laurel & Hardy films shown on Italian television. A two CD set, two and a half hours of music madness, tack piano, electric bass, brass. A whole lot of the good kind of crazy going on here, I love it.

Honolulu Baby, (originally sung by Oliver Hardy and Stan Laurel in the film Way Out West), sung by the two guys who did voice dubbing in Italian prints of L&H films.

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:14 am 

just finished Prison and i´m now playing Stakeland by Jeff Grace (a really good score that I highly recommend) This is the best "NEW" score since Tron Legacy last year for me...

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:35 pm 

PRISON

by Richard Band and Christopher L. Stone...

CHERRY 2000/HOUSE OF GOD

by Basil Poledouris

and now off to...

the 3 cd set of

BREAKDOWN

by Basil Poledouris and others...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:13 pm 

El Lince Perdido - Sergio De La Puente

A wonderful score I found while browsing the SAE site - every once in a while I just order something on blind faith - and this was a great discovery. I highly recommend it for its wonderful thematic qualities.

It has a great 'rousing adventure' feel - actually seems a bit nautical to me - now I want to find a copy of the movie and check it out.

I'm always a sucker for a score that has a strong theme and that's not afraid to use it - golden age anyone?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:07 pm 

Recentley bought the, The Fly/Fly II double pack. So currently listening to tracks from The Fly not really given the Fly II much of a look. And John Scott's - Man On Fire so i can prepare for Shoot To Kill.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:54 pm 

Electric Africa - Manu Dibango

1985 Celluloid CD from Manu Dibango with Herbie Hancock, Bill Laswell and others.

Funny, the Ethiopian guy I work with was surprised when he found out this white boy knows a bit about Afro-Funk. :lol:

Try laying your hands on some of Manu Dibango's early 70's vinyl soundtracks, two, three hundred dollars a pop. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:56 pm 

Arabian Adventure. One of my favourite Ken Throne scores.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:57 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:47 am 

PRISON by Richard Band and Chris Stone!!! (and you should too) :mrgreen:

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:32 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 43  Next