[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces PRISON

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces PRISON
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:31 pm 

Just got mine today. Awesome. The score is just wonderful. Of course, anything by Richard Band is always worth a look... but, to have Christopher L. Stone on it as well... WOOOHOO!

Maybe one day someone (hint hint hint) could work on the 4 Phantasm films? The scores were very arresting. Great theme. Maybe one day...

For those who have not gotten PRISON yet... you really should pick it up while it is still available. Great score...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:33 pm 

I've never been one for synthesized scores - but you know what - I totally respect Intrada for releasing scores that fit every taste. What an amazing company! I know every score is a 'grail' for some people - and aren't we all better by broadening our horizons?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:17 am 

I haven't received my copy yet, but on the FSM thread someone is claiming Intrada flipped the LP sides on this album? Is this true?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:21 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:51 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:22 pm 

Hello Curious,

Yes, they did flip the LP sides. It's a mix-up, that's all. The music's all there. The only thing you need to do is re-program your CD player in order for the tracks to play in the original LP order. The only thing is that the track times don't correspond to their respective titles.

Now, I haven't checked the LP track-by-track. As Doug says, the tracks on the vinyl blend into each other almost seamlessly, so without checking with the film itself, I can't say which cue belongs to which track. It seems to me that "Prison Break/Finale" is too short a cue (0.42) to cover that entire film sequence, though. But it's too long since I saw the movie...

As far as I can tell, here's the tracklist how it is actually heard on the CD:

1. Rabbit's Escape And Death (4.12)
2. The Inmates Sense The Entity (0.56)
3. The Warden's Recurring Nightmare (3.31)
4. Sandor Calls Up The Spirit (8.25)
5. The Prison Break / Finale (0.42)
6. Main Title / Catherine / Execution (5.06)
7. The Prison Cellar (5.27)
8. The Entity Is Released (2.16)
9. Death In Solitary (5.02)
10. Barbed Wire Unleashed (1.51)
11. Stripdown (4.54)

To have the LP sequence, program this:

6. Main Title / Catherine / Execution (5.06)
7. The Prison Cellar (5.27)
8. The Entity Is Released (2.16)
9. Death In Solitary (5.02)
10. Barbed Wire Unleashed (1.51)
11. Stripdown (4.54)
1. Rabbit's Escape And Death (4.12)
2. The Inmates Sense The Entity (0.56)
3. The Warden's Recurring Nightmare (3.31)
4. Sandor Calls Up The Spirit (8.25)
5. The Prison Break / Finale (0.42)

I'll do a direct LP to CD comparison when I have the time. But I think this is pretty much it - though i have no idea at the moment (without the direct comparison) where the extra music now is ("Catherine"?). Theoretically, it should be on track 1 on the cd (wrongly titled "Main Title/Catherine/Execution" which actually is "Rabbit's Escape And Death"). Now, would this make the track's correct name "Rabbit's Escape/Catherine/Death"? :?

Yes, it is a bit of a puzzle, but it's very far from the major foul-up as some FSM folks make it... Things like that happen. Especially when you're painstakingly paying attention to details (like where to put what cue, from what source, matching speed and dynamics etc.), the most simple mistakes can sneak in.

I work as a sound engineer in a jazz club and remember this one gig where the monitor wedges onstage did not work. I crawled around on stage (in front of the audience) exchanging cables, exchanging wedges, re-wired the auxiliary sends on the mixing board and so on. After having done all that, i finally noticed that i simply forgot to switch on the monitor amp. Some engineer, huh? :D

In any case, it's all good, the music's all there and it sounds better than ever. Great release - i heartily recommend it!

Best,
Burnie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:36 pm 

The correct "Main Title" is CD track 7, not CD track 6. You have to split music of LP side 1 in 6 and of LP side 2 in 5 tracks. Because they flipped the sides, Intrada did split the music of LP side 1 in 5 tracks (tracks 7-11 on the CD) and of LP side 2 in 6 tracks (tracks 1-6 of the CD). So, the tracklisting is off, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 am 

Thanks for the guide Blinddoc & Herbert, I'll just correct this in Itunes when I rip it. Can't wait for it to arrive. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:00 am 

The bitching and moaning here and over on the FSM board seems to be about Fake and Band, in the face of having incomplete elements to deal with, DARING to make decisions leading them to an album presentation that differs from what some people expected. Had they duplicated the original LP's two long tracks I'm sure the fur would've flown just as freely. I have no familiarity with the movie at all, so obviously I didn't go into this one looking for a strict reproduction of the film's music-only stem, but purely as music I think the new CD plays just great.

So there. :D

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:23 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:32 am 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:45 am 

Thanks for the feedback and a little less brewskies next time ok? 8)

P.S. those puppies had it coming

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:20 pm 

I must respectfully correct Roger. Seventeen people have purchased it so far... well, ok, sixteen. We gave one out to the realtor in the office across the street from us because she thought the cover was interesting.But sixteen is much better than eleven.
--Doug

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:50 pm 

I guess I'm one of the sixteen people who bought this then? Such a shame that this hasn't sold more. It really is a unique and stunning soundtrack.

I'm not one to complain about the sequencing though. I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive (no thanks to Canada's postal lockout back in June), but I'll give the new presentation a try... if I don't like it, I can reprogram it myself. I have a small inkling that I'll prefer the LP presentation nonetheless, since I like having the album open with the film's main titles rather than Rabbit's Escape and Death (the titles are switched on Intrada's CD).

I've had a previous LP to mp3 transfer (not mine, I downloaded it from somewhere way back when... I don't own the LP) on my laptop for several years, and the "Prison Break / Finale" track runs 5:50... though the track on the Intrada CD (labeled as "Stripdown") runs 5:06. The preceding track, "Barbed Wire Unleashed", runs 42 seconds. It appears to me then that the "Prison Break / Finale" track was split into two tracks for the Intrada CD (either that, or my LP to mp3 transfer is the one that is wrong). That said, I'm used to the presentation of the mp3 rip, so I may just create my own single mp3 from the two tracks when my CD arrives (with the gap intact of course).

It's a frustrating scenario for the fans, but remember that it was equally frustrating for Doug when putting this new CD together. I really don't blame him if the paperwork and slates were equally as confusing. I have the movie itself backed up on an external hard drive, so perhaps someday I'll go through both the movie and CD and note all the details... and perhaps make my own "proper" presentation if need be.

Regardless, all of the music is there, so I'm happy. Neither angry nor upset, I'm just thankful that Intrada has finally released this gem. Wonderful, wonderful soundtrack.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:33 am 

Yes, Doug and Roger, as you probably can see, I´m one of those 16 who bought it too, so remember who your loyal customers are (Me and Basil ;) )
Where are the love for Band around here??

This really angers me as people should be more supportive of this title as there have been some requestings of Prison to CD over the years, and when it finally arrives, people ignore it??
Support the small titles,as if not, there will be none in the future and only Mr Mighty Goldsmith releases and one or two Barrys and Williams...
I quote Kyle in South Park when they kill Kenny..."YOU BaXXards !!!"

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next