[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces PRISON

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces PRISON
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:30 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

PRISON
Composed by RICHARD BAND and CHRISTOPHER L. STONE
INTRADA Signature Edition ISE 1045

For the score to the 1987 film Prison, composer Richard Band wanted a score that was unique, cold, desperate and scary. Enter composer Christopher L. Stone, who had an electronic device known as the WaveFrame, which was able to perfectly deliver the combination Band wanted for his score. The WaveFrame provided sounds and textures that had never before been heard, and in the absence of an orchestral budget, was used for the entire score. In fact, the two composers used it for the entire score, a rather unconventional approach. While both composers were formally trained and thus routinely took a more traditional approach to scoring, using the WaveFrame forced them to approach the score in a more improvisational fashion. While they had composed certain themes and motifs, they let the sonic textures of the WaveFrame take a more dominant role in the creative process, delivering a one-of-a-kind score.

In 1956, inmate Charlie Forsythe was electrocuted with 60,000 volts—for a murder that he didn’t commit. Shortly thereafter, Creedmore Prison was closed and abandoned. Thirty years later, the wretched prison is reopened, and warden Eaton Sharpe (Lane Smith) has been given the job of running it. But Sharpe is also the former corrections officer who framed Charlie Forsythe, and he soon finds he has more trouble than he’d bargained for. A new convict named Burke (Viggo Mortensen) bears an uncanny resemblance to the wrongly executed Forsythe. After reopening the sealed execution chamber and releasing a burst of incredible energy, a string of increasingly grisly murders sweeps the prison, and it soon becomes apparent that supernatural forces are at work.

This Intrada Signature Edition is limited to 1000 units.

INTRADA Signature Editions ISE 1045
Retail Price: $19.99
NOW SHIPPING
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7129/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces PRISON
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:36 pm 

One more holy grail knocked off my list. Thank you, Intrada!

Ordered!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:49 pm 

I love those horror scores! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:06 pm 

Ordered!

FANTASTIC release, thanks Intrada

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:34 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:08 am 

Considering how long I've been waiting for this CD re-issue...
this is like a holy grail... OF DEATH!!!
Muu Haaa Haaaa Haaaa!!!!

About the track listing...
it was rather confusing as I can't see "bands" on either side of the LP...
It looks like suites, despite the specific track listing provided.

This is some of Richard Band's most terrifying music.
Can't wait... thanks hamsters! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:35 am 

What could be better than a "new" Richard Band? Oh, a "new" Richard Band with the very gifted Christopher L. Stone... and another film directed by Renny Harlin...

Oh yeah... Ordered. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:53 am 

Ordered as well. Too cool and interesting to pass up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:21 pm 

So cool! Thanks Hamsters! Happy Happy Joy Joy!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:57 pm 

Although I ordered it the very day it was announced, after listening to the samples, I have not commented on it yet; I liked what I heard a lot and am looking forward to receiving it.

One thing I absolutely love, however, is not musical: the poster is splendid.
That's the kind of thing I loved to see as a kid; I could not see the movies, but those posters fascinated me; the art was gorgeous, inventive, and made you want to see the movie-- which so many "big head" posters fail to do.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:18 pm 

Here here Olivier, I agree.

I remember the hoopla over this movie way back in '86,7?

I was a big Fangoria reader, and they hyped the HELL out of
this movie, and it played for like a week in Peoria,IN. It took
FOREVER for the video to surface here in CA (ditto Bava's
DEMONS, both New World titles), and when it finally did....it's
a good movie, but I was expecting CITIZEN KANE by this time!

Never had the LP, but did score a transfer years later - love the
Waveform,rigs they use on this one, and the ALIENS references
are a nice flashback to another time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:54 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:13 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:30 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:09 am 

I just recieved Prison (along with Stakeland) from Intrada and have just finished reading the booklet to Prison and especially Dougs tech-talk which i immensly enjoy and this was way cool to read how Intrada worked on getting this CD out to us.
I must say that you guys did an awsome work on it and it is soooo cool that you share alittle bit of it to us in the booklet too.
Here we have magic fingers (Dougs) that even used the LP to give us as much music as humanly possible and this gets my triggerfinger to itch and I start thinking of what he can or may do to that lost Road House reel for us... 8)
It´s great to see something by Chris Stone out here too and I hope you will visit Pumpkinhead or Phantasm 4 next if you continue with this composer...
Tonight I will watch my DVD of Prison just to hear the music used in the movie too...
Thanks for a well done CD boys...

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next