[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Major Problem with Slipstream

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Major Problem with Slipstream
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:19 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:12 pm 

In my opinion I think that Lukas is a little bit too harsh to Robin.

I don`t know how many releases Perseverance Records have done through the years and I think Robin made everything correct with all the rights on those releases so why be so harsh to him. I mean Slipstream is only one of many releases.

You can do 100 good things but sadly those are forgotten as soon as you did 1 bad thing. So if Slipstream is the one and only bootleg he have done then why should we ban him or stop doing business with this guy?

We all (including Lukas) should wait and see what else he will produce for us in a near future and if he do continue producing bootlegs then I may change my mind but with this one and only bootleg I think Lukas is way too harsh. Anyone agree with me?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:28 pm 

In all honesty, if Slipstream was indeed a bootleg then Lukas should have jumped on this from the beginning and not have waited until a month after it was released.

Robin has been polite in his responses, usually a guilty person will attack back.

However I can understand those who are upset to an extent. Until the facts are settled people need to calm down, some of the vile being spewed at Robin is uncalled for.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:17 pm 

I really like Lukas. I just wonder what he knows that we don't that would've inspired such a public attack on Robin. Again, no one knows I guess. I just sometimes think that Lukas would be better off without his message boards. I don't know.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:29 pm 

Hank Kimball, I mean Lucas Kendall seems a bit neurotic and has a tendency to act out in somewhat of a defensive way. This can be a good thing as far as fueling the creative process although in extreme cases it tends to perpetuate a sort of paranoia in certain communities. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:57 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:22 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:45 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:23 pm 

I'll just say that I really do dislike the poking at one another over these type of things. Yeah, Lukas brought it up publicly, but I still admire and respect Lukas Kendall a great deal. He has good taste, works hard for his label, and does appreciate and oblige copyright responsibilities. I despise bootlegs and/or piracy, and I'm glad to know the people behind some pretty fantastic CDs do, too.

Startracks--I don't want to shut out your opinions, but maybe a nicer tone more often can get more results? Okay, that's all I'll add to this thread. Moving on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:25 pm 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:19 pm 

Foreign country laws are irrelevant -- if they're releasing material owned by a U.S. company, which likely also holds the masters, and doesn't get the licensing, thaty's wrong. Heck, it might even violate international piracy laws (I've not looked into it).

Anyone who has said that, obviously never made something worth money that could be legally sold in another country, only to have a person(s) in another country bootleg and sell that product over there, dwindling or even killing the market, also removing money from the pocket the the original inventor.

Plus it is just an immoral, unethical thing to do all that above, aside. Now I can personally see my way passed certain aspects, if say the composer is dead, all the musicians are dead, there is no estate that can draw money from the release, meaning all that is left is the studio. And if they don't care to even license it, well ... that's how I see it.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:35 pm 

I think I speak for all of us perfect people who know everything and never made an error in their life when I say, "I hate your guts, Perseverance, for giving me this great music!"

(That was an irony, if anyone failed to notice it.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:40 pm 

IS it "ironic" if you have to point out irony? Just curious. :wink:

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:07 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:00 pm 

I hope this doesn't scare away the Bernstein easate from working with other labels in the future, just to be on the safe side.

THE PRISONER

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next