[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Major Problem with Slipstream

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Major Problem with Slipstream
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:43 am 

But, er..on the upside, if all this hadn't happened, what are the chances of this score ever being released? It looks like the lesson here is, don't ever annoy Mr. Kendall.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:40 am 

Can anyone explain how BSX got around similar suspicious circumstances and still has been able to keep their release of John Beal's TERROR IN THE AISLES in circulation? Why ignite a firestorm over one release and not another? Its an issue that seems more than hypocritical.

SH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:49 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:44 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:39 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:25 am 

This is putting a big question in my head is it all worth it? We are getting
every score that we have craved over the years released, but at what
cost? I am having second thoughts on any release from now on!! We have
labels probably fighting to get the next "Holy Grail" released. That is why
I see that Lukas came out so fast to bash the Slipstream release, he has
been trying years to get it released and then it is released by a different
label.

To what extents do they go to get the music released and make money?

-Perseverance with questionable releases like Slipstream and Red Sonja.
-FSM pressing more copies of Logan's Run then led to believe.
-SAE having copies of Predator for sale on Ebay for 4X the price, hours after
it is sold out at Intrada and giving boots away with orders?
-Harkit Records are they legit, some people question it?
-What happened a while back with a certain label that was suppose to release
a score that was then pulled from production.
-If Intrada, SAE and Perseverance pulled Slipstream from their catalogs, why does
BSX still have it available?

Are we going to see this list expand as the years go on?

Last edited by Startracks on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:30 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:34 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:08 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:32 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:56 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:24 am 

My GOD, I woke up to a Mob over at FSM...People screaming bootleg and wants to torch Robin or something...I must congrate people over there for making Slipstream fetch high prices now...WE create a shitstorm when this should have been solved silently between the involving parts and not mix all the hypocrits (the buyers) in the discussion. I think Lucas did wrong here to hang ut Robin in this way (they have done some errors too in the past)

I think this burning is wrong wrong wrong and will continue to buy CDs from Perseverance unless he is proven guilty of releasing the nasty stuff.

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:57 am 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:07 am 

My very close personal friend, Startracks, as always, has to attempt (note the word attempt) to fling mud in our direction with the following statement: "-What happened a while back with a certain label that was suppose to release
a score that was then pulled from production."

I do love the "certain label" though. :) It's been explained ad nauseum and I assume that even someone like Startracks has read it and knows exactly what happened in the case of Last Man On Earth. But, because he seems to be a little "challenged" in certain areas, I'm happy to set him straight again because there was nothing questionable about anything we did in conjunction with that release. The title was licensed from the rights' holders, MGM. Get it, my friend? Licensed and paid for. Neither MGM nor I was aware that the publishing was held by one of the composer's widows. Literally, less than 24 hours prior to the announcement, I received an e-mail from David Schecter, who represents that person, explaining that she owned the publishing and because of an arcane rule about first releases (had this been previously on CD or LP there would not have been an issue at all), I had to do the publishing deal with her. He said she had been burned by someone else and wasn't really wanting to chance that again. At that point, I postponed the announcement. MGM intervened with Mr. Schecter and tried to get the deal done. I, in good faith, sent the woman a check for the entire mechanical royalty at the full rate, so she would not be taking a chance on getting burned. She refused the check - the why of that had nothing to do with us - and that was the end of that. Nothing shady, dear Startracks, but good try. Do keep trying, because each and every time you do it just makes you look like more of a fool.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:07 am 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next