[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Stu Phillip's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Vol. 1

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Stu Phillip's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Vol
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:21 pm 

So many questions. As for the different titles on the source music, when the four CD was put together, I had not as yet located the sketches with the titles on them. So I took a guess, and obviously got them wrong. We found the music while preparing this release, and so I would say that these titles are correct. There is one piece of source missing from the CD. If I remember correctly that piece was not among the master tapes found at Universal. It might have been a last minute throw in and was recorded in my studio or the synth players place.

To my knowledge, Glen Larson did write the Buck Rogers song. (Since I wasn't a fly on the wall when he wrote it, there is no way of my knowing if someone else was in the room.)

Thanks you all for your enthusiasm concerning the BSG album.

SP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:37 am 

I'm really enjoying this release. It's fun to hear cues that are so familiar from overplaying the "Story Of" LP but otherwise hadn't been available.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:47 pm 

Received my copy yesterday and I must have listened through it at least three times already. LOVE IT! Really brings back memories of being 6 years old and sitting in front of the television totally engrossed in this fantastic series with its incredible music. I'm really looking forward to future volumes of this series.

Wayne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:29 am 

Just got mine today!!! :D :D :D

Already listened to it twice, onto the third listen, just outstanding, simple as that. All those little bits of music that I know so well from the film, plus all the Carrillon music is just a dream come true. So looking forward to future volumes, of which I hope there will be many!

Thanks again Intrada - and Stu!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:24 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:16 am 

I wrote up an extremely self-indulgent review of this great new CD. Hope you can take a moment to read through it.

http://exm.nr/gFTl0s

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 pm 
I might be out of touch with reality, but I find it hard to believe that this release has not yet sold out. At the very least, I would expect it to be in very short supply.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:37 pm 

Any idea how many copies have been sold? Are there plans for further volumes?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:42 pm 

Intrada already said this release is the first volume in a series.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:08 am 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:59 am 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:22 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:11 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:11 am 

Well My copy arrived this weekend and All I can say is this release of the year already! What a magnificent release this is. I remember watching the premiere in my country's (Pakistan) solitary one tv channel back in the 1980 and how mesmerized I was with opening "exploration" sequence. I was 11 then. The cd cover artwork is the same as my BSG coloring activity book. What memories this brings. The production quality is top notch. the sound recording and the performance is first class. I never got the re-recordings so this is my first cd and wow how wonderful music this is. They don't make' em like this anymore. So kudos to the Intrada team and of course to Mr. Stu Philips. He should know that the Battlestar fanfare is now commonly used during the Bollywood Filmfare awards (equivalent of their Golden Globes) each year while introducing some announcers.

Looking forward and eager to get the other volumes.

Amer!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:16 am 

I'm curious, how quickly is this selling?

The reason I ask is that I might not be able to get it until the end of the month, and don't want to miss out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next