[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - So Long Boys and Girls

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: So Long Boys and Girls
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:32 am 

I'm reminded of this comedy song:

"She grabbed my CocoNuts, and then she ran away..."

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:11 pm 

Reading this and other threads, I'm starting to understand why there isn't a clue thread for next week's releases...

Come back CJ!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:16 pm 

I certainly hope CJ changes his mind and returns. His posts are always fun to read. I just ignore the negative nelly types myself. They are too much like work. You ain't hard negativity until you've done as many divorces as I have. Roger and Doug keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:33 pm 

I can completely see why CJ has seemingly left the general film music boards, as even though there are a great handful of kindhearted and like-mindedly passionate folks on them, it is quite more than a headache to log on and read the incessant bellyaching of those who appear ever thankless for the hard work of those who threaten cardiac arrest to make film scores available to the masses. Differing views on subjects should always be welcomed, as constructive opinions can add a lot of spice when thoughtfully applied, but there seems to be a very 5 yr old like attitude to how some people approach the forums and that is a major turn off, especially to those of us who'd like to contribute decades of acquired film music knowledge. These days, I've turned into more of a voyeur than as a participant here and elsewhere, as I do enjoy a large portion of the info that gets exchanged.

Civil is as civil does, right?

Matt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:27 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:34 pm 

CJ always had thoughtful and positive info that was shared. In many cases CJ's posts brought a smile to my face. We know that one day CJ will return to the board. But, I too have noticed the attitude (sometimes here, but very "in your face" in another board (FSM) by certain individuals.

Opinion is fine. It makes the world go round... But, being rude, mean spirited and negative can be left at the door. We have all "run" into these heartless morons who make you cringe with their foul attitude. In many cases the response of these "people" is to cut down the happiness that someone is sharing in regards to finding that elusive soundtrack... or an only way available release (example... a mono only recording). Be grateful and happy that someone is genuinely pleased for what they have written.

Do not be the "downer" who has a response like "I don't agree because they could have done a better job with it". Well, smart***, let us see you release it.

And, or... "you might want to learn how to spell". This was a response in another board to a poster who was very happy of a release that had just come out.

CJ... we know how you feel. And, to those who have caused CJ and other posters to "leave" the forums they love... what goes around comes around. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:43 pm 

Well if he doesn't come back I'm canceling our Love at First Bite release.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:18 pm 

My theory is he found a new girlfriend and we all know how that goes. As soon as the passion fades he'll come crawling back begging everyone to forgive him for turning his back on the old gang down at Smitty's. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:01 am 

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:03 am 

I actually think the whiners are quite funny, because their comments seem so far from the truth in a very burlesque way.
And they remind us how much grateful we are (or should be) for the hard work from the labels. So they're kinda useful in a way !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:45 am 

"You can't go... all the coconuts are gonna die!"

Sunbow/Marvel cartoon scores (Johnny Douglas)
The Big Picture
Blame It on Rio
An American Werewolf in London/Thriller
The Last Boy Scout
My Science Project
A Brief History of Time
Troy (Yared)
The Withces

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:12 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:01 am 

Hopefully he'll lurk for a while and see that we'll all miss his posts and come back soon.
Funny guy and I'll miss his comments. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:30 am 

HEY! CJ! :!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxm7R52k2K0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:53 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next