[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - So Long Boys and Girls

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: So Long Boys and Girls
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:50 pm 

I´ve had it with all the whining over the forums and to see the headhonchos from LLLR, Kritzerland and now Intrada leaving the board because assholes are out there complaining about different releases and why this and that is on the CD or isn´t on the CD.
It was fun once to visit these forums, but as of late, I´ve only read alot of negative posts and it makes me sad to see decent people leave because of this and the assholes winning.
Well, I have decided to turn to an early grave myself and stop posting here also, as I do not find the joy anymore.
I just want to say that alot of people here has been like a second family and I´ll miss those people, but I´m turning evil by reading all negative posts and what better way than quit then?
So long people, it has been a great time as long as it lasted...

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

Post subject: Re: So Long Boys and Girls
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:01 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:33 pm 

He'll be back. It's like a....drug.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:15 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:27 pm 

He'll be back just as soon as coconut season in the Bahamas is over. I'm thinking it must be hard work climbing up and down those damn trees. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:37 pm 

Roger, quick release Charles Bernstein's LOVE AT FIRST BITE and the monkey will come crawling back. :wink:

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:57 pm 

As ridiculous as some of the bitching gets here and over at the FSM board, I cannot conceive of kissing off either of these forums for film discussion because of a few miscreants who "neither sow, nor reap", to paraphrase a famous saying. And I say this having pissed off a highly problematic poster at a couple posts at FSM, to the extent that he has put me on his "ignore list"--somehow, I think I will survive. (There are enough sane people here and at FSM that I always have decent recompense for the odd human sphincter.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:47 pm 

CocoNuts! Not on my birthday... :cry:

Seriously though, you're one of the finest chaps here, and I wouldn't want you to leave.

No amount of DBs nor their presence is about to drive me off Intrada's and FSM's boards completely. It seems rather counterproductive and only letting the bullies win.

The labels need a helping hand in curbstomping the naysayers, as well. I imagine their passion in releasing soundtracks may diminish if no one else is on their side.

I hope you reconsider, Joe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:05 pm 

How about a meet n' greet in San Fran or Los Angeles?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:06 pm 

Basil...
What is a "DB"? The only things I can come up with are "Dirt Bags", "Donkey Balls", "Damned Bullies", "Dumb Bitches", "Dirty Boogers", "Ditzy Blondes", "DUMB Blondes", "Dagwood Bumstead"(How'd HE get in there?), "Das Boot", and "Dingle Berries".
Please enlighten me as to which, if any of them, it is!
Thanks! :?:

Oh... and Coconut Joe... DON'T LEAVE! :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:28 pm 

They're all a bunch of Dagwood Bumsteads!

Actually, they're what a friend of mine refers to as douchebags.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:24 pm 

MAN... I can't BELIEVE I forgot "douchebags"! You're right, though... I was on one website forum(Non-music related), and I just happened to state an opinion that was the opposite of the original poster's, and he called me a PEDOPHILE! I immediately contacted him privately, and threatened a slander lawsuit(Which I was SERIOUS about), and he shut up then.
I never attack anyone on any boards, and I try not to be negative.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:13 am 

Hello - long time lurker, rare poster.

First off - Coconut Joe - I hope you read this. I've always enjoyed reading your posts, so I hope you do come back.

Second - I have always enjoyed and appreciated every release that I have purchased from Intrada, FSM, LLL, Kritzerland and other labels. Never have I had an issue with the presentations. Every purchase is cherished and I know that a lot of blood, sweat and tears go into every release.

To accuse a label, as 'UninvitedGuest' (This particular poster reminds me of one that always gets kicked off the FSM board; his former name escapes me) has done, of wrong doing is unacceptable in my opinion. If there was a mistake, the labels always correct them. Hell, I didn't really notice the slight issue with SpaceCamp, but Doug and Roger did and they promptly replaced those discs. That to me is excellent service.

Regardless - Doug and Roger - please keep up the excellent work. I have Navy Seals and it's a great soundtrack and have no issues with it.

Finally, again, Coconut Joe I hope you do eventually come back. You will be definitely be missed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:46 am 

Melodramatic is a word that comes to mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:16 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next