[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Elmer Bernstein's THE GREAT ESCAPE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Elmer Bernstein's THE GREAT ESCAPE
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:19 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:07 pm 

Of course in this instance, MGM doesn't just own the UA library -- they own the company itself. It's a division of MGM, no different than Columbia and TriStar being divisions of Sony. I'm sure Sony now has added its own tag on the front of those films when they're currently distributed and probably has their logo on soundtrack releases of both studios' catalog films. By licensing the rights for the soundtrack to a label, they are performing a service and have a right to mark their ownership of the property on the package. They're all just assets like the furniture and computers they own.

Now back to The Great Escape...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:07 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:15 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:08 pm 

Received!

What a beautiful presentation! Haven't listened yet, just got the shrinkwrap off, but WOW, this is well-produced. It looks and feels a LOT more than 20 bucks!

Thanks, Intrada!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:53 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:34 am 

You've missed the point I was making in that MGM have edited out the old studio logos and replaced them with their own. Sony have NOT changed the original studio logos. A film made by Columbia Studios released on DVD still has the same original Columbia logo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:34 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:51 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:21 pm 

This topic has gone astray. If you guys want to argue about logos and studio edits of same, please head over to another message board (there are plenty) where the topic of studio editing of on-screen logos might be more relevant. I'd prefer to keep this Forum about the music. Thanks.
--Doug

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:20 pm 

Even though I have the Varese Club cd I will be picking this package up as soon as money allows. Thanks for this release.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:58 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:28 am 

Have finished listening to this and what an outstanding release from Intrada! The sound quality is better than the Varese to my ears and the package is superb as well. Thanks to Doug, Roger and all involved.

A few observations:
- I like the track breakdown between discs 1 & 2 which conform to the film itself even though disc 2 is significantly longer.

- Also, I like the inclusion of "Yankee Doodle". Normally I don't care for source music mixed with the score itself but this so iconic for the film.

- I've owned the album recording as either an LP or CD since 1963. The out-of-order sequence is bothersome to me now that we have the OST. However, it's still an excellent 30+ minute representation of the score albeit with a smaller orchestra.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:34 am 

Very nice appetizer, Lymond24. I am SO looking forward to receiving this release ... might have to wait another week 'til it gets over the pond. But according to a German proverb (freely translated): The greatest joy is in the anticipation.

[I wonder what 2011 brings soundtrack-wise. Especially after an incredible 2010 and a start with THE GREAT ESCAPE ...]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:43 am 

Well, this is my first ever post here, so I thought I'd start with Intrada's Great Escape, what a package, the album tracks have never sounded as good, and the original score tracks are out of this world.

The whole set is beautifully put together and is a real pleasure to listen to.

I've been collecting/listening to The Great Escape for over 40 years, I've bought the score on vinyl and cd, with dialogue and without, and originally with reversed channels, and nothing comes close to the sound on this set.

Excellent package from Intrada, it just goes to show what's possible when people store tapes well and then people like Intrada remaster them perfectly.

Anyway, many thanks to everyone involved with this wonderful release.

What a great start to 2011.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next