[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Bernard Herrmann Onslaught!

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Bernard Herrmann Onslaught!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:13 pm 

So... anyone care to speculate how early in 2011 we'll start seeing releases of Herrmann's scores(Or concert works!) to celebrate the 100th anniversary of his birth?

Post subject: Re: The Bernard Herrmann Onslaught!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:32 pm 

Well we're getting rerecordings of Battle of Nverta and...uh...something with it that I forget.

I wouldn't be surprised if Varese releases a 3CD set like they did with Rozsa.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:34 pm 

LLLR hinted a number are coming next year (not from then, as I understood the post).

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:39 pm 

I just HOPE that one of them will be a complete version of my beloved OBSESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:10 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:24 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:28 pm 

I seem to remember reading somewhere online that Herrmann's cantata - Moby Dick - is being rerecorded. Can anyone confirm this? I can't listen to the original because of the ATROCIOUS recording! :x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:08 am 

I'd love to see the original (recordings) scores to his collaboration with Hitchcock see a release, if the masters are available - Psycho, Marnie, Torn Curtain and The Trouble with Harry.

Obsession would be on my list, I'd like to see if it is possible to fix the Rhino North By Northwest and improve the damaged tracks. I'd like a re-recording of On Dangerous Ground, plus The Devil and Daniel Webster.

I'd like to see It's Alive and and the original Cape Fear as well.

Not too much to ask for is it?

;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:37 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:02 pm 

Okay.... how about a Herrmann GLUT!!!!! :shock:
Man... no one has posted to this thread since LAST YEAR!!! :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:58 pm 

Seems like this would be a great year to finally get The Man Who Knew Too Much, whether original tracks or a re-rerecording.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:54 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:14 pm 

Hey Guenther...
Is there ANY reason to hope that we'll FINALLY see a COMPLETE Obsession????????? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 pm 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Bill, John and Anna secretly recorded ANOTHER Herrmann score in ADDITION to Neretva while they were in Moscow? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:58 pm 

It just occurred to me.... there's talk of some sort of box set coming... I wouldn't be a BIT surprised if that box set turns out to be the scores from ALL of his HITCHCOCK scores!!!! :shock:
Since no one seems interested in this topic, I'll post to it again in a few months! :mrgreen:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next