[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Your Intrada Year - 2010

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Your Intrada Year - 2010
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:41 pm 

This has, I think we can all agree, been an amazing year of Ltd Edition soundtracks. (And not an awful one for regular soundtracks either.) Since I made my first purchase in this field in 2008 I have been constantly delighted by what's been released and Intrada have been at the forefront of that. This year Intrada has been stunning though - I've purchased more new releases from them in 2010 than in the last two years combined. My Intrada year:

Older Intradas ordered:

Picked up through other sellers:

A couple of these were grails (SPACECAMP, MANHUNTER) but I think my favourite release might just be THE DEEP. It wasn't a score I knew well - I only saw it for the first time on TV at the start of the year, but that lovely, floaty melody had lodged itself in my head - including the disco version! - and I wanted it. Just a few months later, Intrada deliver with a truly beautiful, comprehensive, incredible sounding package that has barely moved from my CD player. It's gorgeous, and I'm forever grateful.

I'll be picking up PATTON and FIRST BLOOD when my funds have recovered from xmas, so thank goodness they were MAF issues, but all in all, my Intrada year has been wonderful. How was yours?

Last edited by sifr2 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Your Intrada Year - 2010
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:07 am 

If you enjoyed THE MIRACLE WORKER, I can certainly recommend maestro Rosenthal's A RAISIN IN THE SUN/REQUIEM FOR A HEAVYWEIGHT double-feature. All intensely dramatic, sensitively realized scores, composed within the same period of 1961-1962.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:40 am 

Here are the few Intrada I could buy this year :

Many CDs I already had in another edition (The Blue Max, Robocop, Spacecamp, Predator, Patton, Clash of the Titans, Flesh & Blood), a few that were finally released on CD (Players, Rocky IV, Cloak & Dagger, Uncommon Valor, War Wagon) and a few I discovered thanks to Intrada (Mr Atlas, Cohen & Tate, Navy Seals). All are great scores I'm happy I can now listen to whenever I want in glorious sound !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:24 pm 

"]

I held off on only 4 this year and 3 of them are in my cart right now.(Tobruk, Patton and First Blood) Those along with Manhunter will be ordered as soon as I can swing it financially, along with Alien which for some reason I keep forgetting to order.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:27 am 

Wow that's a load of CDs you bought here... What about Uncommon Valor ? which is, I believe, the greatest unreleased score from Intrada this year ! ^^

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:37 am 

My treasures :)

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:41 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:28 pm 

Here's my Intrada Sins of the year. :mrgreen:

Hope there will be even more pleasures in 2011.

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:41 pm 

Quite a few and one, (Harry And The Hendersons) at a half price book store for $4.99 as well as several of their older, out of print MAF discs found while out and about at various second hand music shops and junk stores (or the more politically correct term, resale shop). :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:06 am 

...plus a few older titles. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:53 pm 

This lists the Intrada titles I purchased in 2010 (what a year!):

THE BLACK BIRD
THE BLUE MAX (expanded)
THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE BELL/A STEP OUT OF LINE
CLASH OF THE TITANS (on order)
COHEN & TATE
THE DEEP
THE ENTITY
FLESH+BLOOD (on order)
GLORY & HONOR
HELLFIGHTERS
HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS
LAWMAN (found a copy from SAE)
MONSIGNOR
ON THE THRESHOLD OF SPACE (on order)
PATTON (complete)
PREDATOR
RAMBO (FIRST BLOOD cover, complete)
ROBOCOP (ultra expanded)
ROCKY IV
SPACECAMP
SPECIES
STRAW DOGS
UNCOMMON VALOR

I only regret missing THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN
(any cracked case copy forgotten in the drawer? oh, never mind...)

Please, something more for 2011 :) (DRACULA? GREMLINS?)
Merry Christmas everybody
Barbara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:47 am 

Still have to get:

I'd also like to thank all hamsters at Intrada for such a great batch of releases and wish you all even more successful new year :-)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:09 pm 

You folks really are awesome. If we can keep getting support like this, I'm certain we'll be able to continue convincing the studios and licensors that movie music remains the most precious and exciting musical artform there is!
--Doug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:18 am 

This is my 2010 list.

And this one's too ...
- Cross Creek
- Honey, I Shrunk The Kids
- Revolt Of Mamie Stover / Hilda Crane
- Amazing Stories Vol.3
- Black Stallion (3 CD Set). :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:44 pm 

The Firefighters (I thought I had had it much longer than barely a year)
The Blue Max (upgrade)
Cervantes
The Hawaiians
Players
Straw Dogs
A Child is Waiting
Robocop (upgrade)
The Miracle Worker
J.A.G.
These Thousand Hills
Maxie
The Mean Season
Cohen & Tate
Space Camp (upgrade)
The Deep
The Brotherhood of the Bell
Mr. Atlas
George Washington (Part II)
Uncommon Valor
The War Wagon
Glory & Honor
Black Sea Raid
First Blood (upgrade)
Clash of the Titans (upgrade)
Flesh+Blood (upgrade)
Navy Seals

:D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next