[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Sylvester Levay's NAVY SEALS

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Sylvester Levay's NAVY SEALS
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:59 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

NAVY SEALS
Composed and Conducted by SYLVESTER LEVAY
INTRADA Special Collection Volume 151

For the 1990 MGM film Navy Seals, composer Sylvester Levay provided a score combining his unique electronic compositional style with that of a traditional symphony orchestra. “I always wanted to meld the modern sound of electronic rock and pop with the classical elements of an orchestra. And it brought a very special atmosphere to the movie," commented Levay. In the music featured during the movie’s first act, the computerized quality of Levay’s music spotlights both the high-tech weapons and the icy, near-mechanical precision of the death-dealing SEALS. Once the SEALS reach thir training camp, the score morphs, with Levay’s excited electric piano rhythm joining with brass, and then a full, patriotic Seals theme for orchestra, conveying the unabashed, heroic excitement of these skillful warriors in action. Full on military percussion soon joins the score, with the orchestra seamlessly added to a rhythmic ‘mission prep” theme as the SEALS theme rises majestically. Ultimately, it is the breathlessly exciting, climactic action cues that Levay would find the true spirit of these Navy SEAL warriors.

Navy Seals features Charlie Sheen as maverick SEALS Lieutenant Dale Hawkins, who butts heads with the cool-as-ice Lt. James Curran, played by Terminator star Michael Biehn. The movie’s SEALS would also include Rick Rossovich, as well as Bill Paxton, portraying a sniper codenamed “God.” Their mission is to take out the nefarious Al Shohada terrorist leader Ben Shaheed (Nicholas Kadi) and his stash of stingers. Helping the team accomplish their mission is Claire Varrens (Joanne Whalley-Kilmer), a reluctant, half-Lebanese reporter who provides Seals’ sole female support.

This Intrada Signature Edition is limited to 1200 units.

INTRADA Special Collection Volume 151
Retail Price: $19.99
NOW SHIPPING
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6862/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Sylvester Levay's NAVY SEALS
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:05 pm 

You ARE truly my favourite label!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:05 pm 

Ordered

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:15 pm 

okidoky , lets try this one out...loved what he did with Hot Shots and loved his Cobra and Stone Cold music so this is def a buy :)
It´s a dumb fun movie like the way I want it and the music is so Top Gunish...whats there not to like :)
Viva Levay and viva intrada
and please more from this composer in the future ;)

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:00 pm 

Ordered

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:56 pm 

Fantastic score - ordered!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:17 pm 

I am completely unfamiliar with Sylvester Levay... in fact, this might well be my first acquisition of any of his scores. Ordered!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:04 am 

Just ordered. Have wanted this score for a long time. The movie was just ok, but always liked the score. thanks Intrada.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:39 am 

Great release!!! Ordered!!!! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:29 am 

I've always had a soft spot for Levay's score to HOT SHOTS, so I'm looking forward to giving this a spin.

Can't say that I remember the score that well but what I do remember about the movie is that
if they would have paid as much interest in the script as they did with the hair-dews, this would have been an instant classic.

But I've alway been a big fan of Charlie Sheen and Michael Biehn.

- THE ATTACK OF THE CHIPPENDALE WARRIORS -

You got my thumbs up for this release INTRADA, action scores is'nt something were spoiled with, Keep on bringing em'. :mrgreen:

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:00 am 

Thank you Intrada! :D

I have been waiting a long time for this score, it's indeed one of Levays finest! Copy ordered.
And now I don't have to remake all the tracks myself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:05 am 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:44 pm 

But what's up with the electric solo guitar on the "high jumpers" sample/teaser track? That's not in the movie? It sounds tacked on and downright ugly in some places. Why are things added to the score that are not original? Are those samples representative for the final CD?

Original:

Last edited by Audionized on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:51 pm 

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS i'm very GLAD for this world premiere of sylvester levay...Thank you INTRADA !!!!!
But i listen to samples tracks of Navy Seals on the site and i'm a little disappointed because The Main Title and High Jumpers are different than in the movie... The Main Title : there's a little orchestral percussion at the beginning of this cue until 0:44sec ,but in the movie the 0:44 first sec are entirely electronic most of all at the 0:44st ,there's a beautiful electronic percussion like a gunshot...for the rest it's the same
High Jumpers : It's the same cue but there's a electric guitar added .
Thank You very much Intrada and please more from sylvester levay in the future :wink:

Brad Fiedel FRIGHT NIGHT II 1988 Vista Organization/Columbia
Sylvester Levay COBRA 1986 MGM/Cannon
Gary Chang 52 PICK-UP 1986 MGM/Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:51 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next