[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - MICHAEL KAMEN (unreleased and non-expanded music)

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MICHAEL KAMEN (unreleased and non-expanded music)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:39 am 

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I totally agree - we NEED an expanded version of Last Action Hero - such a variety of music is left out! The rooftop gun sequence when you hear the vibraphone and also the sequence where the two cars hit each other with the Die Hard music cameo are left out of the score, which is sooo sad! I can't believe I bought it wanting those two tracks the most, and they were omitted.

Also agree about Die Hard With A Vengeance, where is that great subway explosion music?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:53 pm 

I completely concur. I would love to have a complete Last Action Hero.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:50 am 

Please release some Kamen scores. I know LaLa have one up their sleeve. But I remain confused why this great composer has not had his back catalogue released since his terribly sad passing back in 2003. Apart from Intrada's Mirror, Mirror music of course.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:50 am 

LICENCE TO KILL

I'd love an expanded CD of this score :)

It needs to include the unreleased Main Title music he did with ERIC CLAPTON as well.

The Theme to the film, was originally to be an instrumental piece,
a new version of the "The James Bond Theme", performed by Kamen and Clapton.

The recording (and music-video they had filmed!!!!!!!!!!), were both unfortunately junked,
and they went with a Gladys Knight vocal Title Song instead.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:20 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:36 pm 

If I could only choose one Kamen score for the Intrada treatment, it would have to be BRAZIL. There is just a wealth of gorgeous material missing from the original CD, including most of my favorite moments from the film score. The rearrangements, dialogue and funky editing of the Milan CD are all well and good, but I'd love to have the score as heard in the film, un-messed-with.

Close runner-up would be MUNCHAUSEN, although it seems to me the CD is pretty lengthy already, and if it's not complete, it sure seems close. Any un-released music from this awesome score would be very, very welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:54 pm 

I'm a huge fan of Michael Kamen's music dating back to The Dead Zone, when I first really took notice of his work. I agree that his work has been completely under represented in the "expanded and complete" part of the soundtrack world today. Holy smokes his catalogue of work is immense! I'm blown away that some very perceptive, film-music loving archivist was able to dig out the tracks he recorded for Lifeforce, wow!

I don't know much regarding the recording history of the score for Baron Munchausen but one only needs to watch the movie and pay close attention to how much music is actually in the film... there is a lot! The CD / Cassette release that hit stores back when the film was in the theaters is basically a sampling, an appetizer platter of the entire score. An expanded release of that work would be a hugely welcome offering to us drooling soundtrack freaks.

When he released an expanded score for Lethal Weapon on his website back before he passed away, like many others I jumped on that sucker before they all disappeared. But even now when I listen to that release and watch the film, I can hear several action cues that are missing from the 3000 limited edition that Kamen authorized. It sure would be cool to see another effort at getting that score out to the public. Along with it maybe toss in Lethal Weapon 2, 3 and 4 along with it for good measure.

Good stuff!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:47 am 

No love for Kamen?

I wil buy every note of his music I can find. The man is an awesome composer. His non-film work is is astonishing. I probably try to plug the Saxophone Concerto one a week.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:40 am 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:22 am 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:35 pm 

Not a film score, but I've been trying to get the Guitar Concerto for some time. It was on Decca, thus Universal Records owns it. I wonder what this means as far as a possible re-release...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:24 am 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:07 pm 

Since it's been mentioned... yes, we have already transferred and mixed the actual 2" 24-track session masters for Kamen's powerful score to ROAD HOUSE. The master elements appear complete except we can't locate one reel containing all of the takes for "Final Showdown", which is the major action set piece at the end when Swayze takes on Gazzara. We even tried to locate the cue through via original engineer (Stephen McLaughlin) but no such luck.

But we have everything else, including the great fight scene between Swayze and Gazzara's son, which is dynamite.

I guess a mini-poll is in order: would you guys support a limited release of this score knowing it would be mostly complete but wouldn't have the climactic cue? If it were just a lesser cue, we'd have issued it already, but it's a major cue. Anyway, we've already invested a lot of money with MGM and I've already made brand new digital mixes. I'd sure like to recoup that investment. The sound quality is incredible... just not complete. Your thoughts... good or not so good?
--Doug

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:22 pm 
I might be in the minority, but I would gladly buy a Road House score CD with that one cue missing. The heart of his composition would still be there and well represented.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:24 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next