Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: randy edelman anaconda
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:26 pm 

now I wouldn't call anaconda great film, but its score is one of Edelman's finest works in my opinion, the use of drums and flute really capture the feeling of the jungle. Now there is a release of the soundtrack, buts its extremely disappointing. It contains a mere eleven tracks, which compared to the amount of music in the film leaves us with hardly anything. Also the tracks we do get are cut down for the most part. Sarone's last stand has so much music cut from it, you can ever hear the fades were the music was cut. Which is a shame as that particular track is one of the best. So I got to thinking and with Intrada's new deal with Edelman, would it be possible for anaconda to get an expanded or even complete release. The reason I ask is someone I spoke with earlier said it might be under sony's control. Any feedback would be appreciated and what were your thoughts on the score itself, love it or hate it?

Post subject: Re: randy edelman anaconda
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:26 am 

The film is far from good but it is really fun. John Voigt over the top performance and some of the setpieces are great.
I like the music a lot and would be in for a complete edition. I just would prefer if it had a bit less synths, but it is the style of Edelman like his Dragonheart.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:43 pm 

It’s definitely is fun, plus the practical snake looks fantastic and I’d even say that the CGI looks really good for its time. Some of the synths do kinda ruin the atmosphere but I still live it none the less

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:38 am 

With an upcoming Anaconda Quadrilogy boxset from 88 films, this got me thinking about the first movie's score again.
Yes the Edel America release is very short but as this is a Columbia / Sony property, I'm assuming this is dead in the water (no pun intended).
Unless Doug / Roger can confirm differently, as I too would like a complete Intrada treatment of this someday.
I'm sure they would both like to expand their Edelman catalogue.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]