[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Marco Beltrami's RED EYE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Marco Beltrami's RED EYE
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:01 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

RED EYE
Composed and Conducted by MARCO BELTRAMI
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 315

Composer Marco Beltrami is one of the most prolific composers currently working in Hollywood. While many of his scores have been released, his score for the 2005 Paramount thriller Red Eye seemed to get passed over. For this Wes Craven film, Beltrami ’s score was essential in creating a rhythm that begins with a thematic alert, seguing to intimately dark suspense and vulnerability, finally and amping up into intense action — musical transformations driven by the film's tight editing. Beltrami presents his exhilarating e-ticket flight with nearly all of Red Eye’s themes on display within the main title, severing the function of a well-structured overture. He sets up the hybrid nature of his score with dark electronics and scraping metal in its menacing start, then bursts onto the scene in a throttling symphonic drive. Beltrami lets us know that some unknown conspiracy involving the government is underway.

This long-overdue album was mastered directly from the two-track digital session mixes vaulted at Paramount Pictures. Recorded by John Kurlander at the scoring stages for both Warner Bros. and Twentieth Century Fox, the audio is crisp and vibrant.

Red Eye is mainly set aboard an overnight flight from Dallas to Miami. Pressed against the coach window is Lisa Reisert, a hotel manager returning from her grandmother’s funeral. She expects to be back at work just in time for the check-in of Charles Keefe, the Homeland Security deputy director. Sitting next to her is the seemingly pleasant, Jackson Rippner. Charmed by a chance encounter with Rippner in the terminal, Jack tells her his seat location is no accident; his charm melts away to unmask his identity as a “terrorist facilitator” whose job is to make Lisa change her guest’s suite to a more “stinger missile-friendly” location. Lisa’s refusal will mean the assassination of her father, whose home is being watched by Jack’s accomplice. Now Lisa must figure out how to troubleshoot a situation she never imagined.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 315
Retail Price: $19.99
SHIPPING NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9582/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Marco Beltrami's RED EYE
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:59 pm 

Thanks you Intrada I'm on board
Those samples sound great.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:21 pm 

Great! Fingers crossed this is just first of many, many more to come.
Considering amount of Marco's unreleased scores, this one was hardly the best of them and there are far better scores waiting to be released - especially THE INVISIBLE since Intrada is the only one who can do it with their Disney connection. Or magnificent REPO MEN, highly entertaining CURSED and xXx 2 or some of his most beautiful works to date on some of his earlier scores such as DAVID AND LISA, WALKING ACROSS EGYPT, ANGEL EYES or THE FLORENTINE.
and of course his more recent works as well - TRUE STORY (which is opening tomorrow and nothing has been announced), THE DROP, DEADFALL or especially two of his more interesting scores - CAPTIVITY and DEEP WATER - which would definitely deserve longer album considering how much music was recorded for this one - but as far as I remember - Marco himself mentioned to me a while ago that he doesn't have any Deep Water backups... so hopefully Intrada kept everything back when they were releasing the shoooort promo edition. Whole score had so much more to offer than that (although, the orchestra WAS terrible and couldn't keep it together).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:37 am 

This came out of leftfield :) A Beltrami I never thought we would see get a release.
I think Beltrami is one of the more interesting composers working today and Red Eye is a neat little thriller with an awesome Main Title theme, and an exciting score for the rest of the movie.
Thanx for giving this one the Intrada treatment

Soul Surfer is my fave of his if you want to know :mrgreen:

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:10 am 

Our review http://www.filmsonwax.co.uk/red-eye/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:44 am 

Hope this will sell well enough and we'll see more Marco Beltrami's scores from Intrada in the future - especially considering how many of them is unreleased!

Starting with
THE INVISIBLE
REPO MEN
TRUE STORY
THE DROP
xXx - STATE OF THE UNION
CURSED
DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:36 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:28 am 

In case you guys are interested in a program that is a little tighter and plays at a good pace, here's my reduced track list. 37 minute program:

1. Main Title
2. Arriving at the Airport (Cut out after 2:21 -- there's a natural breaking point)
3. Waiting for the Flight
4. Take Off
5. Changing Focus (Cut out the first 8 minutes...there's a good break point there)
6. The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword
7. Rocket Fishing
8. Jack's Back
9. End Credits

Have fun. More of an action listen now.

Roger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:26 pm 

Programmed in and ready for my drive to work ... Here's hoping the new dynamic listening experience doesn't result in me speeding! :shock:

[Edit: 37 white knuckle minutes later]

I like it! Reminds me of a 1990s Varese Sarabande whistlestop tour of action highlights :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:16 am 
I'll have to give that shortened sequencing a try when I finally get the album; my recollection of the film is that the score could possibly meander a lot if the complete work were heard on album.

I remember using Roger's arrangement for the IT album, and it was perfect in trimming the fat.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:21 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:39 pm 

Cool to share your own version of it. I ripped it to my CPU and edited the tracks and will have a go of it tonight. As Doug said, it might be a completely new thing to listen to it with the more quiet moments edited away even if the whole score is amazing.
Hope this sold well and more Beltrami will see the light of day

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:57 pm 

Yeah... hopefully more MB is in the works... especially THE INVISIBLE since Intrada is still our only hope it will ever see the light of day... not to mention that the finale is one of the most touching moments of Marco Beltrami's entire career to date.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]