[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Rights in perpetuity?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rights in perpetuity?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:06 pm 

Okay,
So I wrote to FSM, as I didn't have the genius to find that my answer was right on this site. Apparently Varese owns the rights to April Fool's Day in perpetuity. I have my own feelings towards if such a thing should be legally acceptable, but I digress ;)
Anyway, it occurred to me that their release contains mockups that were redone for the final cut. Does this mean they only have the rights to those, or also the rights to the final cut versions? If it's the former then isn't is possible for Intrada or other labels to release what you hear in the film's final cut, as I and many would prefer to begin with?
Forgive me, as I don't "get" copyrights. I'm no IP lawyer ;)
- Thanks

Post subject: Re: Rights in perpetuity?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:31 pm 
I wouldn't count on it. What you could do, which I did a while back, is quickly email Varese and request that they release this score properly with Bernstein's song included.

They apparently listened to people's request for Brass Target, so it might not be an entirely futile endeavor.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:29 am 

I wonder if there's enough of a demand. There are some on this site that agree it'd be a nice release. It takes more than a few people though :/
Heck, I'd be willing to download a lossy version, so long as it's what you hear in the film. Though naturally a proper release is ideal ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:24 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:55 am 

Hm. That's encouraging. Maybe I should look up their email. It is possible that I wouldn't be the first one to suggest that title to them. If FSM told me they already tried looking into it then I'm thinking they might've considered taking the job on themselves...?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:44 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:21 pm 

Thanks. I'll shoot them a text. Maybe (maybe? ;)) I'll do one of those online petitions. I know, you usually are lucky to only get all of 3 signatures but you said it yourself that it's better than nothing and at least puts it out there.
I didn't realize they were the ones that released his Elm Street score. Though they weren't mockups, it still is missing a lot of material and doesn't (IMHO) have nearly enough of the "Oomph" I hope for in an OST. Then again, I've only heard clips on YouTube.

I mentioned this one in another thread but it still also bothers me that there are now 3 releases of the OST to The Terminator and again (why are they always my favorite tracks?) the Reese's Death/Terminator Sits Up track is a mockup. Arg!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:58 am 

Well, 16 is a start... not too bad for 2 days. I usually get all of 3 signatures in 3 years -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:02 pm 
I wonder if Charles Bernstein himself made a push to have this released. I remember him saying that he tried to get the label to release an expanded Elm Street, but the idea was denied.

We'll probably get this at some point, as it makes no business sense at all to possess perpetual album rights just to have these out of print scores held back forever and not making any more money while the ever-dwindling customer base still exists. The only real concern is how they will release it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:05 pm 

I'll buy one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:05 pm 

April Fools Day, Complete A Nightmare on Elmstreet, Complete Cujo would be great as these are great horrorscores by a great composer.
Did Bernstein record any music to Sepent and the Rainbow at all or was Fiedel the first to record for that movie as the movietrailer had Bernsteins name attached?

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:12 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:50 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]